By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best rpg intro's

Samus Aran said:
BraLoD said:
Samus Aran said:
This thread needs some WRPG love lol.

It's getting some, but the amount of JRPGs and how lomg they come making fans is depicted.

Fallout 4 will get it more love, Horizon probably as well, but it'll not be as much as JRPGs.

They dominated 4 straight generations, was only last gen that WRPGs got into the position to fight back.

And this gen they (JRPGs) are already coming back up. So there is not wrong going on here.

I don't think this site is a good representation of rpg fans, mostly people here who love Japanese games.

I'd name a WRPG myself, but I've only ever played JRPG's basically. So I'm part of the problem lol.

Yeah, JRPG fans around here are quite predominant - and even within WRPG fanbase, it seems most here have started in 7th, or possibly 6th gen.

Anyway, OT, as someone who's been fan of aforementioned since Dungeon Master back in late 80's, I can say that I barely remember any of the RPG intros that made much of an impression - honestly, without looking it up on Youtube, only Fallout 1 comes to mind for me right away, and even games with great narratives like Planescape: Torment or Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines (both my favorites) have quite...shall we say...regular intros.

Witcher games probably quailify for some of those more spectacular intros.

Around the Network

http://youtu.be/71ripBa8Ga8
Lunar: Silver Star Complete

b00moscone said:

I haven't played too many RPGs myself, nevermind seen openings for them, but I quite like the Tales of the Abyss opening:

I still like how they localized the intro by removing the vocals and replacing it with an electric guitar :p

--

As for me, I'll go with Tales of Symphonia

ENG

JAP

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Tales of Xillia
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Chrono Trigger

Might be some more I'm forgetting, but these for sure stood out for me. Pretty sure I watched the full openings over 50% of the time I turned on the game.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

I remember I started playing this on a dark, cold winter night before Christmas. To me it looked out of this world visually and I loved the fairytale-like atmosphere of it. Simple yet effective.

Around the Network

Always thought Persona 3 had a badass opening

Oh dear (KiigelHart's post reminded me), I completely forgot about this one, pity the game itself is not as good:

Lol that Fable III intro is quite epic too :D I'm one of those who actually enjoyed the game despite the flaws. I even found all those f**kface gargoyles hehe.

FF8 and Kingdom Hearts stand out to me

Nice you already listed two of my faves, being ff8 and chrono cross.

Guess Grandia 3 would be another of mine.