By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So the Sony press conference & Halo 5 are both on the 27th...

i call it a move to steal media attention from microsoft biggest ip. and since shawn murray was on steven colberts night show shortly https://youtu.be/ZqeN6hj4dZU i expect something no mans sky related. maybe vr.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
$50 and i'm pretty sure it will happen prior to PGW since leaks are already happening.

http://ps4daily.com/2015/10/it-begins-target-is-the-first-retailer-to-offer-ps4-at-350/

i saw the ps4 at $375 this weekend too. price cut is happening and soon.

the fact that PGW is the same week as halo 5 is certainly interesting. i think sony picked PGW over gamescom because of that. i expect at least one notable announcement there aimed at stealing the press from ms/halo.

Verendus rumours are speaking of 3 more notable Sony first party announcements this year (the first notable announcements being TLG, Horizon, Dreams and Gravity Rush 2) and that is excluding QD.

So QD should be at PGW and I think it's unlikely that PSX will have 3 big first party games announced, so I think we're looking at at least 2 notable announcements out of PGW.

AEGRO said:

The date of the Paris Game Week is not decided by Sony. 

Nobody said that. The theory here is that upon learning of its date Sony thought it was better to go there instead of Gamescom.

DerNebel said:
kitler53 said:
$50 and i'm pretty sure it will happen prior to PGW since leaks are already happening.

http://ps4daily.com/2015/10/it-begins-target-is-the-first-retailer-to-offer-ps4-at-350/

i saw the ps4 at $375 this weekend too. price cut is happening and soon.

the fact that PGW is the same week as halo 5 is certainly interesting. i think sony picked PGW over gamescom because of that. i expect at least one notable announcement there aimed at stealing the press from ms/halo.

Verendus rumours are speaking of 3 more notable Sony first party announcements this year (the first notable announcements being TLG, Horizon, Dreams and Gravity Rush 2) and that is excluding QD.

So QD should be at PGW and I think it's unlikely that PSX will have 3 big first party games announced, so I think we're looking at at least 2 notable announcements out of PGW.

if it's 3 announcements not including QD then it might be like:

QD + 1 at PGW

last 2 at PSX

but that's just a rumor,.. although i don't expect sony to hold any conference without at least 1 announcement.

however, imo, sony needs to announce their VR lineup soon if psvr is launching before E3 next year (first half 2016).   so far we got rigs but they have to have something better than that if they want psvr not to flop.  point being,. i expect at least one notable psvr announcement still this year probably at psx.

DerNebel said:
AEGRO said:

The date of the Paris Game Week is not decided by Sony. The reason for missing the Gamescom according to a Sony rep was:

"A Sony spokesperson has told IGN the decision was made due to the proximity of E3 and Gamescom, before emphasising a more meaningful event could be held during October's Paris Games Week."

"We're delighted to announce that we will be hosting an international media briefing at Paris Games Week on 27th October," they said. "With the changes this year of E3 taking place a week later and Gamescom taking place earlier, we feel that both PlayStation and the wider industry would benefit from a major news milestone later in the year, during the most important period for gaming."

It makes sense. Microsoft already blew their load this year, and Nintendo is MIA when it comes to conferences since some time ago.

That's really just an excuse imo, the conference was pushed back for purely strategical reasons

Strategical and marketing reasons IMO. Gamescom was in the middle of summer, PGW is in the early holiday rush season. It's a lot more interesting to be seen in October than in August... And as we saw already with the TGS, everyone will be talking about Sony late October. The fact that everyone will be talking about Sony during Halo 5's release is just a big and enjoyable bonus. 

Around the Network
Roronaa_chan said:
AEGRO said:

The date of the Paris Game Week is not decided by Sony. 

Nobody said that. The theory here is that upon learning of its date Sony thought it was better to go there instead of Gamescom.

Makes sense!

kitler53 said:
DerNebel said:

QD + 1 at PGW

last 2 at PSX

but that's just a rumor,.. although i don't expect sony to hold any conference without at least 1 announcement.

however, imo, sony needs to announce their VR lineup soon if psvr is launching before E3 next year (first half 2016).   so far we got rigs but they have to have something better than that if they want psvr not to flop.  point being,. i expect at least one notable psvr announcement still this year probably at psx.

No Man's Sky will probably VR compatible and Shuhei said he'd like GT7 to be VR compatible as well, so maybe that. I'm honestly not sure how many VR exclusive games Sony is going to make/try get made. With how many companies are getting in on the VR trend there should be enough content out there, but if we're looking for notable stuff it's kinda slim at the moment. I wonder if Summer Lessons will be a launch game for PSVR, I honestly think that that has been getting the most attention at this point. :D

DerNebel said:
kitler53 said:
DerNebel said:

QD + 1 at PGW

last 2 at PSX

No Man's Sky will probably VR compatible and Shuhei said he'd like GT7 to be VR compatible as well, so maybe that. I'm honestly not sure how many VR exclusive games Sony is going to make/try get made. With how many companies are getting in on the VR trend there should be enough content out there, but if we're looking for notable stuff it's kinda slim at the moment. I wonder if Summer Lessons will be a launch game for PSVR, I honestly think that that has been getting the most attention at this point. :D

Dreams could be VR compatible too, one of the Morpheus R&D guys went to MM recently IIRC. 

Dreams, No Man's Sky, GT7 and RIGS (and other smaller or third party games) could be a good release line up for the device. 

Faelco said:
DerNebel said:

Dreams could be VR compatible too, one of the Morpheus R&D guys went to MM recently IIRC. 

Dreams, No Man's Sky, GT7 and RIGS (and other smaller or third party games) could be a good release line up for the device. 

Oh yeah Dreams, that one too.

It still does not need a price cut in the west.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.