By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So the Sony press conference & Halo 5 are both on the 27th...

A: Is this the reason they skipped gamescom?

B: How big will the price drop be?

Buying order: Switch, better pc

Around the Network

A: probably
B: 50$

No way. Ideally, if you wanted to make an impact, you'd announce it before everyone already pre-ordered or bought an XO in anticipation. Being on the same day does very little.

pokoko said:
No way. Ideally, if you wanted to make an impact, you'd announce it before everyone already pre-ordered or bought an XO in anticipation. Being on the same day does very little.

That's why i'm asking, it might just be a coincidence.

Buying order: Switch, better pc

A) Partially. I think the main idea is to get out as much positive PS news out in the holiday season as possible, to distract the media and consumers from the lack of big holiday exclusives on PS4. Also it might give Sony a better chance at throwing a last minute curveball at MS to throw them off guard.

B) $50.

Around the Network

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

flint said:
pokoko said:

That's why i'm asking, it might just be a coincidence.

If they announce the price-cut then, it's because they wanted to wait until a lot later than Gamescon.  That part makes sense.  Being on the same day as Halo, though, would be happenstance.  

The date of the Paris Game Week is not decided by Sony. The reason for missing the Gamescom according to a Sony rep was:

"A Sony spokesperson has told IGN the decision was made due to the proximity of E3 and Gamescom, before emphasising a more meaningful event could be held during October's Paris Games Week."

"We're delighted to announce that we will be hosting an international media briefing at Paris Games Week on 27th October," they said. "With the changes this year of E3 taking place a week later and Gamescom taking place earlier, we feel that both PlayStation and the wider industry would benefit from a major news milestone later in the year, during the most important period for gaming."

It makes sense. Microsoft already blew their load this year, and Nintendo is MIA when it comes to conferences since some time ago.

$50 and i'm pretty sure it will happen prior to PGW since leaks are already happening.

http://ps4daily.com/2015/10/it-begins-target-is-the-first-retailer-to-offer-ps4-at-350/

i saw the ps4 at $375 this weekend too. price cut is happening and soon.

the fact that PGW is the same week as halo 5 is certainly interesting. i think sony picked PGW over gamescom because of that. i expect at least one notable announcement there aimed at stealing the press from ms/halo.

AEGRO said:

The date of the Paris Game Week is not decided by Sony. The reason for missing the Gamescom according to a Sony rep was:

"A Sony spokesperson has told IGN the decision was made due to the proximity of E3 and Gamescom, before emphasising a more meaningful event could be held during October's Paris Games Week."

"We're delighted to announce that we will be hosting an international media briefing at Paris Games Week on 27th October," they said. "With the changes this year of E3 taking place a week later and Gamescom taking place earlier, we feel that both PlayStation and the wider industry would benefit from a major news milestone later in the year, during the most important period for gaming."

It makes sense. Microsoft already blew their load this year, and Nintendo is MIA when it comes to conferences since some time ago.

That's really just an excuse imo, the conference was pushed back for purely strategical reasons