By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mafia Round 71 - Game Thread - Metal Gear - Mafia Wins!

Tagged games:

Mr.Playstation said:

Honestly Xander, I've been thinking lately that you may be Mafia. Your posts scream of I'm just an innocent town dude, being only a mere spectator to everything that's been going on ( Super Mario's death and Zero/Mike's argument ). Also some of your posts may also have been made to intentionally make yourself look like your just some mad man ( The Big Boss remains post ).

Not to mention Sony_Girl hasn't posted a single post in this thread. Maybe she can't bear living a double life of an innocent/killing monster.

Could you elaborate @bolded? We have to realize here that we aren't just fighting against the mafia, but the serial killer. So if you think Xander killed Super Mario then that would make him the SK. Which I think would be not a bad assumption because a SK hydra would be a pretty cool.

Around the Network

If you call someone out on something, it's pretty obvious that they are going to become active to defend themselves. I think we should be looking toward people who haven't tried defending themselves.

The way I see it, if you are mafia, the more words you post, the more words there are for the other players to pick apart. So unless you are very good with your words, you wouldn't want to post unless it's absolutely neccessary.

Mr.Playstation said:
XanderXT said:
So you guys think that Mike is mafia because of his theory? I don't see it.

Honestly Xander, I've been thinking lately that you may be Mafia. Your posts scream of I'm just an innocent town dude, being only a mere spectator to everything that's been going on ( Super Mario's death and Zero/Mike's argument ). Also some of your posts may also have been made to intentionally make yourself look like your just some mad man ( The Big Boss remains post ).

Not to mention Sony_Girl hasn't posted a single post in this thread. Maybe she can't bear living a double life of an innocent/killing monster.

Sony Girl hasn't even been posting in a few weeks. You can't blame Mafia.

zero129 said:
XanderXT said:
So you guys think that Mike is mafia because of his theory? I don't see it.

No. you should go and read back into it and you will see his "Theory" is not even his.

Him and plat only both came back after being called out and then his theory was just taking what was said against him and using it on someone else pretty much.

Even if it isn't his theory, I can't see it meaning anyone saying it showing he's mafia. It's too obvious.

Around the Network
Clyde32 said:
The way I see it, if you are mafia, the more words you post, the more words there are for the other players to pick apart. So unless you are very good with your words, you wouldn't want to post unless it's absolutely neccessary.

On the other side of the coin though, if you are Mafia you'd want to post a bit more frequently to try and avoid the suspicion you have above. I guess what to look out for are people who are only posting for the sake of posting and not really adding anything to the game, so they look like they're active but, actually, they're only doing it to save face and avoid suspicion. 

And before anyone says anything I appreciate the irony of me saying this given the fact that I've been inactive here in bouts as well :-p

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Cone you said in a previous post that you would post your thoughts soon.
Can you update us on your stance so far?
What do you think of the Ganondorf kill rationale?
Do you still think Mario was posing off the mafia?
What about bella?

Zero, you have a vote on spurge. Care to explain why this vote has superceded your top 4 suspects already posted? Seems to me you were putting a lot of effort into those 4 and now you're moving to someone else and I can't say I understand the reasoning. Why abandon a focus you've been putting work into for several days now?
Switching right before the time limit seems like a bad idea.
Especially on a player who doesn't seem to be around to defend themselves.
Spurge almost got quick lynched day 1 without my counter vote...so not sure what you're expecting.

Clyde32 said:

This only really applies to noob mafia. People who have played as mafia before have seen this tell written in games before, and so already are playing to counter this indicator. Basically, then, I agree with the suspects who have been mentioned who are noobs. Platina, playstation both have avoided conversation and fit into the "ninja" idea that was put forward earlier.

I say we lynch one of them randmly. If they are mafia, we probably don't lynch the other one, because...and this is just my theory here..both of them wouldn't act the same way if they were on the same team. If the one we lynch is town, then the next day we lynch the other one.

Either way, we can either eliminate lurking mafia, or we eliminate useless townies. I'd much prefer a lynch like this than one on spurge, who probably won't even show up to defend himself.

I already said who I think should be voted, not much talk about other suspects happened so I really see no reason to keep posting until today, the final day.

Theproof brings a good point, out of my three suspects, Platina and Mr. playstation are the least active. Now platina was the last on my list but he hasn't shown up since the day I mentioned him and he hasn't claimed who he thinks did this. Mr. did said something to defend himself, then he claimed that Xander was his supect, yet he did not put a lot of reasons on the table.

They have been lurking hard, and haven't said a word about who they think did this (or care to elaborate). So like I tried to do last time, I say we focus on them (I also mentioned axum In my suspects but he has shown up the most)