By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US October monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

5 Hours since the last update:

#16 PS4 TLOUR Bundle (down 4)*
#23 PS4 Star Wars Bundle (up 1)
#26 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (same)*
#36 XB1 Halo Bundle (up 1)*
#46 PS4 Black Ops Bundle (down 1)
#47 PS4 Destiny Bundle (up 2)*
#74 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (up 1)
#86 XB1 Forza Bundle (down 6)*
#93 New 3DS (up 4)*

PS4 - 6 bundles out of 6 in the top 100
XB1 - 2 bundles out of 9 in the top 100

* Effects this months sales

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:

#47 PS4 Destiny Bundle (up 2)*

Up 2? How? Why?

SWORDF1SH said:

Up 2? How? Why?

It must have something to do with the positions of the titles around it, unless Amazon are selling them for other retailers like the Fool's Edition.

The PS5 Exists. 

NDC bundle jumped 20 positions in the monthly.

BraLoD said:
I also want to say that Amazon rankings does not accounted only actual sales to rank the prpducts, it probably has a formula that involves relevance and time, amount, occurency, etc of the products.

So if something was selling really well and get out of stock, but it's bound be re-stocked, the formula doesn't let it drop too suddenly even selling nothing in the actual period.

That makes sense

Around the Network

Monthly

#18 PS4 Limited Edition Destiny bundle
#26 PS4 The Last of Us Remastered bundle
#27 PS4 Limited Edition Star Wars Battlefront bundle*
#41 XB1 Limited Edition Halo 5 bundle
#63 PS4 Limited Edition Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 bundle*
#64 PS4 Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection bundle
#100 XB1 Madden NFL 16 bundle

* Doesn't count towards October NPD

Sorry if I totally forgot anything, I'm kinda tired

vivster said:
Looks like it finished #24 in August and not at all in September.
Hard to tell how much of a ranking boost this would give to October.

You can't really use Amazon that way. At least I don't think anyone has, or even could, do an indepth analysis of the extent to whiuch the placement in the Amazon monthly rankings translates into X number of sales nation-wide. The only thing we know for sure is that Halo 5 LE console has been available for pre-order for August and September, and that all those pre-orders will be counted in the NPD result ofr Xb one for October, which reduces or even negates the predictive value of the Amazon monthly rankings for October unless somehow a Xb one sku winds up being the top sku for the month. We still have over half of October to go, so things might change in Xb one's favour however unlikely now that PS4 has dropped by $50 for the base model and basic bundles.

My guess is more Halo fans have pre-ordered the LE bundle at retailers other than Amazon, which means I think the LE bundle pre-ordered somewhat better than a supoerficial consideration of the August and September monthly rankings suggest. But I also think MS made a mistake in making the only Halo bundle the LE version. They should have done what Sony did with Batman. Make a LE console bundle at a higher price, and a standard bundle for the normal price.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

On the monthly chart, Destiny LE and TLOUR are the only PS4 skus being shipped now that are ahead of Halo 5. I think factoring in the August and September pre-orders, the Halo 5 bundle is definitely ahead of TLOUR for now but TLOUR is selling better so the gap is closing in favour of TLOUR, and considering Halo 5 is ahead of Destiny in the hourlies it is obviously either closing the gap or pulling ahead, as the Aug and Sept pre-orders could possibly put Halo 5 ahead of even the Destiny bundle.

Is there any neogaf chatter about how well the price cut on PS4 has done at other retailers, and what the pre-orders for Halo 5 have been like at retailers?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
On the monthly chart, Destiny LE and TLOUR are the only PS4 skus being shipped now that are ahead of Halo 5. I think factoring in the August and September pre-orders, the Halo 5 bundle is definitely ahead of TLOUR for now but TLOUR is selling better so the gap is closing in favour of TLOUR, and considering Halo 5 is ahead of Destiny in the hourlies it is obviously either closing the gap or pulling ahead, as the Aug and Sept pre-orders could possibly put Halo 5 ahead of even the Destiny bundle.

Is there any neogaf chatter about how well the price cut on PS4 has done at other retailers, and what the pre-orders for Halo 5 have been like at retailers?

Let's wait and see what how Destiny does once it's actually in stock!

The PS5 Exists. 

Looks like Sony is also stepping up the marketing, apparently they aired a commercial last night featuring Uncharted, Call of Duty, Battlefront and the new price tag during yesterday's The Walking Dead Season 6 premiere.
Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=181418614&postcount=1111