By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US October monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

Lots of ppl in gamestop today checking out the star wars bundle during my visit.

Just read some recent posts from gaf user abdiel saying the price cut is making him very busy in his district this weekend, and that "a lot" of ps4s are walking out the doors.

Also interesting of note, for his district, halo 5 pre orders are almost as high as COD on Xbox one, but ps4 COD pre orders are higher still.

For comparison sake, he also notes the halo 5 bundle is *not* seeing Destiny like pre orders of last year which is very telling.

So overall, very interesting weekend so far.

Around the Network
UltimateGamer1982 said:
Lots of ppl in gamestop today checking out the star wars bundle during my visit.

Just read some recent posts from gaf user abdiel saying the price cut is making him very busy in his district this weekend, and that "a lot" of ps4s are walking out the doors.

Also interesting of note, for his district, halo 5 pre orders are almost as high as COD on Xbox one, but ps4 COD pre orders are higher still.

For comparison sake, he also notes the halo 5 bundle is *not* seeing Destiny like pre orders of last year which is very telling.

Teah, I've been reading that thread too. October is looking more and more likely a PS4 win. The sudden boost from the price cut is surely going to die down a little so It's going to be interesting to see what Sony does in November and December. I still think a $300 standard PS4 is a possibility.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:

Teah, I've been reading that thread too. October is looking more and more likely a PS4 win.

If halo 5 pre orders are nothing like Destiny 2014, then you combine the seemingly low sales of all the lower priced bundles going by Amazon, and now the huge sales increase of ps4 due to the price cut, I'm almost 95% sure Sony takes October now. I'm even doubting Xbox has a 400k month. Before, I was expecting them to be around 410-430k but now I'm lowering that to 330-370k. 

GribbleGrunger said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:

Teah, I've been reading that thread too. October is looking more and more likely a PS4 win. The sudden boost from the price cut is surely going to die down a little so It's going to be interesting to see what Sony does in November and December. I still think a $300 standard PS4 is a possibility.

A $300 PS4 will be the final nail. 

iTzCharlie said:
How you can't understand that the SW bundle it's doing so well only because of the beta? When the beta will be over, the bundle will drop for sure........

Why would it impact the SW bundle....I dont understand the logic here.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network
iTzCharlie said:
How you can't understand that the SW bundle it's doing so well only because of the beta? When the beta will be over, the bundle will drop for sure........

Actually it's because it's star wars and PS4's price cut. Ppl don't buy consoles for a 4 day beta. 

UltimateGamer1982 said:
iTzCharlie said:

Actually it's because it's star wars and PS4's price cut. Ppl don't buy consoles for a 4 day beta. 

That's why I am questioning the reason for people to buy the game/bundle..... as I dont understand his point.

Star Wars Beta is not like the COD beta, where you had to pre-order the game to get the beta, everyone with the console can get the beta and download it. So at that point you would already have the console. If you are pre-ordering the game/console then you wont be getting anything, thus they are ordering because they want the game/console. Which is different to COD, where you can pre-order the game, get the beta code, play and then cancel the pre-order (SW).

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

iTzCharlie said:

Wait, how could someone try the beta without a PS4?  No something isn't right about that .  The beta IS respsonsible for the sudden uptick in preorders for the game for PS4 and Xbox One though.  The bundle is reacting to many different things but mostly the price drop.  We saw a similar reaction with the Xbox One last year with the 'temp' pricedrop. 

Because people have seen/played the game(maybe with a friend's console) they like it and so they preorder it. Happens with every beta . For example Black Ops 3 in August and Halo 5 past December.

iTzCharlie said:
Because people have seen/played the game(maybe with a friend's console) they like it and so they preorder it. Happens with every beta . For example Black Ops 3 in August and Halo 5 past December.

Wait you do realize that all PS4 SKUs got a large boost right? And do you realize that SW bundle was in the top 100 before the price cut?  Just look at that beauty of a console though.  At $399 its a steal.