By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US October monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

JRPGfan said:
DonFerrari said:
GribbleGrunger said:
Monthly update. Not final:

#23 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle
#24 XB1 Halo Bundle
#28 PS4 Star Wars Bundle
#40 PS4 TLOUR Bundle
#48 PS4 Destiny Bundle
#49 PS4 Black Ops Bundle
#94 XB1 Gears Bundle

Phewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww... With TLOUR and Destiny entries seems like it have sealed the deal. PS4 won it.

Amazon has a good record of predictions... can almost take this to the bank.

PS4 won it, just waiting for numbers to get released now, to see by how much.

If Halo 5 ends up one position behind NDC then it comes down to the relative performance of the other bundles and, more importantly perhaps the Halo 5 pre-orders. It can still go either way.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
binary solo said:

If Halo 5 ends up one position behind NDC then it comes down to the relative performance of the other bundles and, more importantly perhaps the Halo 5 pre-orders. It can still go either way.

It won't be 1 place though. The gap has been widening continuously though the 4th week so it's likely to be at least 4 to 5 places. probably 7 - 8 IMO.

The PS5 Exists. 

Crazy how the SW LE ps4 is almost next to the 2 highest selling skus in the monthly.. How much is this thing gonna sell? I hope November NPD leaks give a breakdown on at least this specific bundle (or both SW bundles combined)

GribbleGrunger said:
binary solo said:

It won't be 1 place though. The gap has been widening continuously though the 4th week so it's likely to be at least 4 to 5 places. probably 7 - 8 IMO.

I think you're right, but we really don't know how things are going to wash out until that final monthly update happens. If the gap is 5+ then I think it's harder for all the other factors to work towards a Xb one win. But if the gap is below 5 then it's too close to call.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:

But if the gap is below 5 then it's too close to call.

Perhaps it is?  Making a logical assumption one way or another is statistically impossible.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
GribbleGrunger said:
jason1637 said:

Also if ps4 wins this month it will win the whole generation in the US

I think that's a forgone conclusion now. There's no way the XB1 is going to eat into the PS4s lead by 700k (in the US) as it did last year. With the best PS4 year coming up, that lead will be around 1.5m - 2m (perhaps even more) going into Christmas 2016. Surprisingly, the PS4 could actually widen that gap this Christmas and I didn't expect that to happen until next year. I expected the XB1 to make up around 200k - 300k this year. I can't see it happening.

Yeah the ps4 will just keep increasing the lead unless the x1 does what the ps3 did last gen.

Also i amde a prediction thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=209732

Xbox does not have that brand recogniton (which is why it sells mostly in the U.S.) like the PS pr the franchises to carry it since Halo is not boosting sales higher.ALso the Xbox is already affordable while most people were just waiting for the PS3 price to come down to a reasonable price.

I knew the PS4 took this month and that the MDC bunsle would topple the Halo 5 bundle.It falls right in line with what I seen in stores.

People still mentioning pre-orders,but the Halo 5 bundle has not charted in the top 100 on Amazon either of the last two months.The pre-orders are obviously not that high.

Abun said:
People still mentioning pre-orders,but the Halo 5 bundle has not charted in the top 100 on Amazon either of the last two months.The pre-orders are obviously not that high.

It has to be mentioned, because it really is the only variable left at this point.

Looking at where Tomb Raider sits in the monthly charts compared to Fallout 4, I think they should be worried (and probably are based on numbers they are getting.) Looks like another example of a 3rd party AAA exclusive not exactly meeting sales expectations on the XBO. Most likely why SE announced the PS4 version so damn early.

Abun said:

It charted #24 in August, which is in the 2 months prior to Oct. So a not insignificant number of pre-orders in that moonth at least. And a few thousand no doubt in Sept even though it didn't chart on Amazon's top 100. It all adds up.

Jimi Hendrix