By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US October monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

jason1637 said:

Also if ps4 wins this month it will win the whole generation in the US

I think that's a forgone conclusion now. There's no way the XB1 is going to eat into the PS4s lead by 700k (in the US) as it did last year. With the best PS4 year coming up, that lead will be around 1.5m - 2m (perhaps even more) going into Christmas 2016. Surprisingly, the PS4 could actually widen that gap this Christmas and I didn't expect that to happen until next year. I expected the XB1 to make up around 200k - 300k this year. I can't see it happening.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
jason1637 said:

I think that's a forgone conclusion now. There's no way the XB1 is going to eat into the PS4s lead by 700k (in the US) as it did last year. With the best PS4 year coming up, that lead will be around 1.5m - 2m (perhaps even more) going into Christmas 2016. Surprisingly, the PS4 could actually widen that gap this Christmas and I didn't expect that to happen until next year. I expected the XB1 to make up around 200k - 300k this year. I can't see it happening.

Yeah the ps4 will just keep increasing the lead unless the x1 does what the ps3 did last gen.

Also i amde a prediction thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=209732

jason1637 said:
binary solo said:

I still can't bring myself to believe PS4 will win in Halo month. But it's becoming hard to deny that as being the greater possibility. While in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really make a difference, because even a big month for Xb one isn;t going to change things much. But PR-wise losing the USA in Halo month is rather disasterous.

PS4 could lose the next 3 months and would still be the clear winner in US at the end of the generation.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
jason1637 said:

PS4 could lose the next 3 months and would still be the clear winner in US at the end of the generation.

If ps4 lost november december and january then i would disagree with it winning the us by the end of the gen.

jason1637 said:
vivster said:

If ps4 lost november december and january then i would disagree with it winning the us by the end of the gen.

I meant only the holiday months, but still. Even if it lost the next 4 months. I expect a big Drop in US for X1 next year.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
jason1637 said:

I meant only the holiday months, but still. Even if it lost the next 4 months. I expect a big Drop in US for X1 next year.

Well this year is "the best line up in xbox history"... and next year isn't  gonna have halo...

Well and we hit 2000, party time?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

vivster said:
jason1637 said:

Well the line up next year for the x1 is pretty spread out so i would actually expect an increase.

sabvre42 said:
vivster said:

Well this year is "the best line up in xbox history"... and next year isn't  gonna have halo...

it has halo wars 2

jason1637 said:
binary solo said:

I still can't bring myself to believe PS4 will win in Halo month. But it's becoming hard to deny that as being the greater possibility. While in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really make a difference, because even a big month for Xb one isn;t going to change things much. But PR-wise losing the USA in Halo month is rather disasterous.

For an Xb one this month to mean Xb one has a solid chance at coming back and winning the US this generation would require Xb one to win Oct by at least 50%. A narrower win than that means PS4 will be the most likely to win the generation. A close win means the "national mood" hasn't shifted back towards Xb one, it's just a one off Halo effect with things likely returning to PS4 pretty quickly.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix