By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FIFA 16 - Manager Mode - We're all Ahead of Brendan and LvG

Which League is your favorite league to start in?

Premier League 13 46.43%

La Liga 6 21.43%

Serie A 2 7.14%

Bundesliga 4 14.29%

Eredivisie 1 3.57%

Ligue 1 1 3.57%

Russian Premier League 1 3.57%

Primeira Liga 0 0%

MLS 0 0%

Super Lig 0 0%

Total:28

Cheers Everyone! FIFA 16 just released and I usually spend days in manager mode. I really enjoy some of the economic and management aspects of running the club, so I thought it'd be fun to share how things are going in your manager mode (sharing transfers, strange results, and whatever challenges you give yourself).

Here are some of the changes for manager mode in FIFA 16:

To start us off, I wanted to bring a team from League 2 and work all the way to Premiership without any boosters or financial takeovers. I ended up on Notts County. Hopped in a Dutch pre-season tournament, and managed to get out of group stage easy enough (the 350k winnings have been a huge blessing). While I can't really afford any straight transfers, I'm eyeing a ton of loans with the hope that I can buy them out on promotion.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:

I really enjoy some of the economic and management aspects of running the club

:-o Fifa just sounded a lot cooler :-o

Teeqoz said:
outlawauron said:

I really enjoy some of the economic and management aspects of running the club

:-o Fifa just sounded a lot cooler :-o

Balancing transfer budget and wage budget is a fine act, especially for smaller clubs with not a lot to go around. That and making the choice whether to invest in known players or trying to setup youth squads to promote from within is a difficult choice (especially if you're battling relegation or keeping enough players to have the required depth!)

My update for the night:

The first transfer window has closed. I won my preseason tournament and was able to finance some moves. I brought in James Wilson and Hervin Ongenda on loan. Wilson is set to buy at the end of the loan with agreed 600k fee. I purchased two other players in Emerson Hyndman (600k) and Gboly Ariyibi (475k) to finish out the window. Hyndman has been an absolute boss for me. 3 goals and 4 assists in 4 games,

As far as the reduction on big name transfers..... It has to be bugged. Pogba was sold to Arsenal (like hell that would ever happen). United bought Cavani. Bayern sold Baoteng to PSG and then bought Neymar.

Ka-pi96 said:
outlawauron said:

As far as the reduction on big name transfers..... It has to be bugged. Pogba was sold to Arsenal (like hell that would ever happen). United bought Cavani. Bayern sold Baoteng to PSG and then bought Neymar.

That's something that has always annoyed me about FIFA. Was especially bad in the older versions where there wasn't even an option to turn off transfers for the first window. The amount of times big teams would sell their best players before the season had even begun...

Well, no other transfer went for more than 20 million, so maybe that's a plus. Was quite strange to see as Barca would just about never give up Neymar until like 4 years in.

Around the Network

Another update from me.

I finally made it past the 1st round of the FA Cup. Sadly went out in the 3rd round of Capital One Cup, losing 1-0 to Arsenal. Was expecting it to be a B team of sorts, and only the GK wasn't a starter. Sanchez scored the game winner midway through the 1st half. I'm really hoping I start getting some more budget from the FA Cup, as I need more defenders and fullbacks BADLY.

I'm at the top of the table (barely). I only have 1 loss, but get draws occasionally to said lack of defense.

Last FIFA I played was FIFA 14, manager mode left a real sour taste in my mouth.

Im assuming this one has big improvements?

Carl2291 said:
Last FIFA I played was FIFA 14, manager mode left a real sour taste in my mouth.

Im assuming this one has big improvements?

I played a bit of Manager mode in FIFA 14 and I would definitely say that this one is improved from that. While there may not be truly new additions (preseason tournaments, two year loans, non-gameday training), nearly everything works better (scouting, youth teams, transfer negotiations, etc.).

Also, I was talking to a friend for the best way to describe the touch and passing changes, and I definitely agree that things feel heavy. You can't just fly around with the ball and change direction and maintain perfect control. Feels a bit more realistic (although, I am playing with some sub par players in League Two).

Well, now we really are all ahead of Brendan.

I'm now getting towards the end of my first season at Notts County with first place in League Two firmly in my grasp (9 pt lead of Plymouth Argyle). I managed to make it all the way to the quarterfinals against Manchester City where I fell 3-2 and Wilfried Bony was TOTALLY offsides. >__>

Still, I've managed to pinch some pennies together during the Winter transfer window to bring in Olivier Boscagli from OGB Nice. Was pretty desparate for some defensive help due to injuries and Haydn Hollis being adamant about leaving after his contract runs out. To add on that, FIFA really screwed me. 10 guys have their contracts expiring after on year. Been able to resign 4 of them, but I'm only losing two I wish I could keep (Hollis and Spencer).

Put together a small clip of highlight/favorite goals, but I've only uploaded one of my experiments:

I've only got one game left in the regular season. I finished 1st in the league (I'll take some screens of the final table, FA Cup, and Champions League) and I'm pretty pleased with how it went down in season 1. I had some trouble at the start with draws, but as I trained up my team and continued good form, I was able to really separate myself from the rest of the league.

I'm ready to terrorize League 1.

Also ended up signing my first Scouted player. He's a boss CAM at 63 OVR at 16 yo with around 88-90 potential. Also got quite lucky with a scout LW from one my cheap scouts. 15 yo with 90+ potential and already 62.