By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Spencer: People play Co-Op via Xbox Live, that may be the reason for no Split Screen Co-Op in Halo 5

Phil must pressure 343i to make a patch enabling split screen, because fans demand it. And everyone complaining about all the attention he's getting: It's hardly his fault that gaming media focuses on him?

Around the Network

LOL! Come on folks, it must be obvious by now. If Spencer sent his script to an editor it would never get a publisher. Fortunately this industry doesn't have very good editors and his readers are not too bothered about the consistency of a script ... and a script it is.

The PS5 Exists. 

I guess nobody is actually going to read what he said. We're just ready to disagree with him.

Death of the split screen.

d21lewis said:
I guess nobody is actually going to read what he said. We're just ready to disagree with him.

Uh.. can you not see what is going on? He doesn't like VR because it removes the local social aspect of gaming, so OBVIOUSLY every single game MS releases on his watch now must include split screen co op or he is a huuuuuuuuuuuge hypocrite! Quit being reasonable and grab a pitchfork.

Around the Network
yoscrafty said:
One of the reason I grew fond of the Halo series was because it became one of the few games to give the split-screen experience in a online-based multiplayer era. Some of my best gaming moments would be playing with all my friends in the room with or without Xbox Live. It's sad to see that one of the last notable local multiplayer (FPS) is leaving.

Agreed me and my cousin had an insane amount of fun playing halo 1 coop. Me and my ex also had so much fun with gears of war coop. Sad to see coop being taken out of games.

I think Spencer should really stop opening his mouth. His attempt to slow PS4 sales didn't work, so obviously no one is truly listening to him. In fact, I think when he is mainly coming out against things, instead of promoting things, it makes gamers dislike him.

Because the studios have given the Xbox One all she can take captin lol. Thats why. We know. Its okay. The PS4 would be pressed as well.

yoscrafty said:
One of the reason I grew fond of the Halo series was because it became one of the few games to give the split-screen experience in a online-based multiplayer era. Some of my best gaming moments would be playing with all my friends in the room with or without Xbox Live. It's sad to see that one of the last notable local multiplayer (FPS) is leaving.

Yup... playing online splitscreen with my GF was always a treat. Now? It's fucking COD or nothing which is... *sigh*... fuuuuuuccc...

The reason online gaming has also become such a staple is because most of us who played local multiplayer when we were younger are now older, busier, and spread apart.

Phil Spencer isn't entirely wrong, either, as most people in this thread are also referring to their younger years of playing local multiplayer, not recognizing that they are now most likely living away from their family and childhood friends, or are away at college, or any number of various situations that separates people. Online multiplayer became a staple when the convenience was slowly recognized as a way to somewhat combat how far apart we tend to grow as age sets in.

I miss local multiplayer, and I still love it, but it's also an old-fashioned sentiment. I agree the option would be nice, but it's just not really a "necessity" anymore in modern gaming. Add in the quality of system party chat in modern systems, and you can't punch your friends or knock the controllers out of their hands, but can make up for that with an extended length of extreme obscenities!

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/