By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Spencer: People play Co-Op via Xbox Live, that may be the reason for no Split Screen Co-Op in Halo 5

Veknoid_Outcast said:
He's probably right that most players are uninterested in local multiplayer, but that doesn't make this pill any easier to swallow.

I miss local co-op and competitive multiplayer, not just in Halo but in video games in general. I'd much rather spend an afternoon with my friends in the same room, sharing some laughs and playing some great games. Online multiplayer is great, too, for friends and family who live hundreds and thousands of miles apart - but nothing matches the immediacy and intimacy of local multiplayer.

I guess social gaming is going the way of arcades, ad hoc portable gaming, motion controls, etc.  It's pretty saddening but the times, they are always a-changing.

*edit* but why make the Xbox One support like 8 controllers at once!?!

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
KiigelHeart said:
What games do you split-screen lovers play? I used to like it as much as the next guy but lately I've been playing Gears UE with my wife and meh, it simply isn't the same anymore when you mostly play online co-op full screen. So I completely understand their reasoning, I find it hard to believe there would be much demand for split these days.

It's the reason I bought another xbox one controller with Resident Evil Revelations 2.  :(  Sadly, that was the last time I played local co-op.

Yeah but Xbox gamers like you and me, we're the alpha dogs among men, you'll have someone to share the screen with you in no time 😉

And seriously this overreacting here.. No local co-op in one game contradicts nothing he said about VR. There's still sport games, Lego games, motion control games etc to play with friends and family. I can understand people being upset with Halo5 because of it but they made the decision not to make compromises with local co-op. If it backfires maybe they do something else next time.

And about VR calling anything coming out in the near future for console a solution is about as accurate that saying Kinect is the end all be all of motion control.... There is nothing to fap about yet.....

And to my understanding it's a trade off for performance... Pretty sure all the bitching about no local coop wouldn't even start ti match the bitching they'd have if it had a performance hit... So no matter what you like in the current market this is clearly the best option they went with...

Just stop...please...just stop.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

ethomaz said:

His PR is just spin... he just talks based in the agenda (in the VR case it is because MS don't have a solution yet... the Halo 5 is becuase they won't implement local co op).

If MS has one of them then you see a different quote from him.

He will even lie like he did some times this year to hold his PR.

I congratulate you for you beautiful reasoning:

Online Multiplayer increasing popularity over the last decade. Less and less game are suporting sporting split-scren. 

VR, a expencive technology that demand games to be built from scratch and with no consumer product available in the next 2 years. 

PS: How are you enjoying you Destiny co-op split screen?

Around the Network

I wonder what the percentage of players that would use the splitscreen on halo 5 would have been if they actually included it. Probably a really minuscule number. I think it's better they allocate the resources to other things.

Dark_Feanor said:
ethomaz said:

His PR is just spin... he just talks based in the agenda (in the VR case it is because MS don't have a solution yet... the Halo 5 is becuase they won't implement local co op).

If MS has one of them then you see a different quote from him.

He will even lie like he did some times this year to hold his PR.

Online Multiplayer increasing popularity over the last decade. Less and less game are suporting sporting split-scren. 

VR, a expencive technology that demand games to be built from scratch and with no consumer product available in the next 2 years. 

What? Tell that to Project Cars, or Assetto Corsa, or DOA Xtreme 3, or Arch: Survival Evolved, or War Thunder, or Surgeon Simulator, and very likely No Man's Sky, Dreams, and GT7.

I'd also  can't think of a VR headset that won't be out 9 months from now.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

And how does the new generation grow up playing games, yes split-screen gaming. Or should I tell my kids to go live in different houses so they can play together. Hunny it's time for a divorce so we can play together.

Another recent Phil Spencer Quote:

". I love people coming together and watching what’s happening on screen and laughing, and the kind of fun of what video games were always about."

Someone's getting fired .

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Dark_Feanor said:

Wut?