By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did sony 'steal' the marketing rights for MGSV:TPP from xbox?

Dark_Feanor said:
John2290 said:
A correct title for this thread would be "Did Sony snake out the rights for TPP from MS"

And no, whatever the case may be, Sony has more "right" to any marketing edge to this series than MS imo. MS got away with enough popping the rights to Tomb Raider for a full year and Sony are going pretty light on them. I'm all for healthy competition but a one year deal is anti gamer. To me it reads "We took a franchise you like hostage for a year, now buy our big old box if you don't want to wait.

Sony could make a deal like that without having to pay a cent but I don't see them resorting to these horrible tactics.

Let´s also forget about Street Fighter V...

Those deals are not made for free, dosen´t matter how bigger the PS4 user base is.

But it is a much better value ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
John2290 said:
A correct title for this thread would be "Did Sony snake out the rights for TPP from MS"

And no, whatever the case may be, Sony has more "right" to any marketing edge to this series than MS imo. MS got away with enough popping the rights to Tomb Raider for a full year and Sony are going pretty light on them. I'm all for healthy competition but a one year deal is anti gamer. To me it reads "We took a franchise you like hostage for a year, now buy our big old box if you don't want to wait.

Sony could make a deal like that without having to pay a cent but I don't see them resorting to these horrible tactics.

Those 1 year exclusive content on Destiny COD are another horrible tactic by MS.

They had one last year and another this year running through 2016.

I mean you're right, but at the same time there is a bit of a difference between some content and all of it(the entire game). 

Although, I think you mispelled Call of Duty, here let me get that for ya.

I thought you guys don't even like Bungie now.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Dark_Feanor said:
The question and the answers here make no sense.

You guys live to much into the console warriors territories.

The 2014 world reveal do MGS-V is nothing out of the extraordinary. And was a bold move for Microsoft leaving another COD campain gamplay. And it was a reminder that MGS is not a Sony exclusive.

E3 deals are only E3, the heavy stuff are signed before or after the event.

This is actually the most significant point here. Considering MGS1, MGS2, MGS3, and MGS4 where PlayStation exclusives, Konami (despite losing their minds) had more to gain at the MS conference then the PS one; the PS4 sales were basically guaranteed but they needed people to know it was also on Xbox and later PC.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

I mean you're right, but at the same time there is a bit of a difference between some content and all of it(the entire game)

I thought you guys don't like Bungie now.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

┳|

┻| _
┳| •.• )
┻|⊂ノ
┳|       Who are you guys? Please name names.

It's the same principal, in my opinion.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Dark_Feanor said:
The question and the answers here make no sense.

You guys live to much into the console warriors territories.

The 2014 world reveal do MGS-V is nothing out of the extraordinary. And was a bold move for Microsoft leaving another COD campain gamplay. And it was a reminder that MGS is not a Sony exclusive.

E3 deals are only E3, the heavy stuff are signed before or after the event.

This is actually the most significant point here. Considering MGS1, MGS2, MGS3, and MGS4 where PlayStation exclusives, Konami (despite losing their minds) had more to gain at the MS conference then the PS one; the PS4 sales were basically guaranteed but they needed people to know it was also on Xbox and later PC.

/thread

Around the Network
Dark_Feanor said:
John2290 said:

Let´s also forget about Street Fighter V...

Those deals are not made for free, dosen´t matter how bigger the PS4 user base is.

Sony's not only co-marketing, but helping to create SFV, and it's x-platform w/ PC, Microsoft has always balked at this.   Capcom USA's community manager spoke of wanting to unite the community to a centralized player base.  MS should relax it's sphincter on X-play, so it seems.

After Ground Zeroes sales it would be down right rude to give them marketing rights.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Goatseye said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

I mean you're right, but at the same time there is a bit of a difference between some content and all of it(the entire game)

I thought you guys don't like Bungie now.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

┳|

┻| _
┳| •.• )
┻|⊂ノ
┳|       Who are you guys? Please name names.

It's the same principal, in my opinion.

Names are so formal, I prefer faulty generalizations,  ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

And lets not stand on ceremony here...Mr. Goatseye

Exclusive content is sooooooo easy now a days, we can thank those COD deals for that.

*I'm totally being a [Expletive] right now. He dies in the end btw.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Exclusive content is sooooooo easy now a days, we can thank those COD deals for that.

No, let's honor the elders first. So, let's thank Sony for making a deal with Eidos in 1997, to make TR exclusive to PS consoles at the time.

Capisce?

Goatseye said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

No, let's honor the elders first. So, let's thank Sony for making a deal with Eidos in 1997, to make TR exclusive to PS consoles at the time.

Capisce?

3edgy5me, I'm outta here