By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kakariko Village meets Unreal 4 Engine

forest-spirit said:
It feels a bit soulless but it looks good, much better than the usual "Zelda-level with modern graphics, ultra-generic art style" that people throw around.

Totally agree.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
forest-spirit said:
It feels a bit soulless but it looks good, much better than the usual "Zelda-level with modern graphics, ultra-generic art style" that people throw around.

Totally agree.

I don't think this guy is actually a Nintendo dev though, either.  Have to think their devs would be able to add that warmth you're all familiar with.  Didn't post the video to insinuate this would be best for the franchise, just nice to see someone put an amazing amount of effort into it.

EDIT: Which is why I really appreciate modders, fan fic etc...  seeing what the community can do is just stunning, and...can anyone imagine how much time this guy put into it?

Miyamotoo said:
forest-spirit said:

Totally agree.

Me Too.

forest-spirit said:

Yeah I have to agree. 

Also dat sig doe

everything in UE4 looks the same no matter what game or genre its just lifeless

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network
kljesta64 said:
everything in UE4 looks the same no matter what game or genre its just lifeless

I think it depends on the developer, frankly.  I think people are making a bit more of this than they should be.  This isn't a Nintendo dev (as far as I can tell, this is just a random modder), and they've lived and breathed the atmosphere of Zelda, Metroid, Mario etc... for decades.   They know the little tweaks and additional techniques to add what you're looking for.

"It looks soulless"
"It looks lifeless"

Have you maybe considered that has to do with the fact that there are literally zero people in the town? No cuckoos? That buildings can't be entered? The town is a faithful recreation of Kakariko Village, both in style and content. All it's missing is the people throughout the town. It isn't missing Nintendo charm. It's just missing the life, you know, the people and animals.

Thats how zelda would look on the PS4... or if nintendo made a console that powerfull...

If Ocarina of Time was a Sony or Microsoft exclusive, it would have been remastered years ago.

Miyamotoo said:
forest-spirit said:

Totally agree.

Felt like it had more soul than most zelda games... judgeing it only on the 1 model we actually see.... Link.

He looka the way hes supposed to, if that guy that made the video populated a intire world with characters, it would have as much soul as any nintendo made zelda game.