By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kakariko Village meets Unreal 4 Engine

I think that looks pretty good! I don't really get all the complaning.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
Looks very very good! (Unlike the Zora's Domain vid)
Link model is perfect. This one and Temple of time UE4 are my favorites ones.

That model does indeed look great. It's the 3DS model but in much higher quality.

Looks great.  Its funny to see people call it lifeless, its one guys work and there aren't even and NPCs on the screen seriously lol.

teigaga said:

This is likely made by one person who is possibly still in education or in a junior position. The reason why this these really impressive demos tend to look "souless" Is because 1 person has built the models, scripted the controls, done the lighting, made the textures and animated the characters. In actual game development these are specified roles which have dedicated teams of digital painters, 3D modellers, animators etc. These demos are typically made by people trying get into the industry, just giving some context. What this does give you is a good glimpse of is what Nintendo could do with an engine like Unreal 4 and decent spec hardware

This!  

Also the original was not THAT bad:

N64 (1998) EDIT: Apparently 3DS version (2011):

Unreal Engine 4 (2015):

baloofarsan said:
teigaga said:

This is likely made by one person who is possibly still in education or in a junior position. The reason why this these really impressive demos tend to look "souless" Is because 1 person has built the models, scripted the controls, done the lighting, made the textures and animated the characters. In actual game development these are specified roles which have dedicated teams of digital painters, 3D modellers, animators etc. These demos are typically made by people trying get into the industry, just giving some context. What this does give you is a good glimpse of is what Nintendo could do with an engine like Unreal 4 and decent spec hardware

This!  

Also the original was not THAT bad:

N64 (1998):

Unreal Engine 4 (2015):

That pic is from the 3DS version.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Pavolink said:

That pic is from the 3DS version.

Ooops! I hope this is the original, looks rough enough!

Meh. Is it just me, the creativity of these hobbyists, or does Unreal 4 just, not look that good?

The Zora's Domain one looked better in my opinion, and I wasn't really a fan there either. Everything I said there applies here; decent for what it is, nice Link model though weird animation, lacks the Nintendo soul, blahblahblah.

Look I'm not pretending I would do this better, but let's just say thank god real game designers can make games that are a hundred times more pleasing to the eye, with older tools if need be.

S.Peelman said:

Meh. Is it just me, the creativity of these hobbyists, or does Unreal 4 just, not look that good?

The Zora's Domain one looked better in my opinion, and I wasn't really a fan there either. Everything I said there applies here; decent for what it is, nice Link model though weird animation, lacks the Nintendo soul, blahblahblah.

Look I'm not pretending I would do this better, but let's just say thank god real game designers can make games that are a hundred times more pleasing to the eye, with older tools if need be.

I think it's simply a disconnect between knowing how much work has to go into something like that, for one person, versus an entire dev team who's lived and breathed Zelda for decades.  Doing stuff like this, and putting it all together into a cohesive video like that, really requires a great deal of effort and practive for one person to accomplish. 

It looks nice

Could be just me, but that camera makes me really dizzy :/

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]