By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The New Xbox One Experience (I tried it!)

https://youtu.be/ex1WjrkLjAA

Looks like it will be an awesome update but I've kinda gotten used to the current version!  Plus the big screen tiles work great with Kinect. I'll have to try it in person to see how it feels.

Around the Network

Looks sweet, similar to the xbox app on Win 10.

It looks good, but I'm scared to use it during the initial preview. A lot of wonky issues with it currently that I don't want to have to deal with.

I've signed up for it so I hope to get it soon :).

Where do You sign up???

Around the Network
endimion said:
Where do You sign up???

Preview Program app

I signed up to be one of the first but I'm also nervous about any glitches that might occur. Hope there are no reports of bricked consoles.

Looks sick. Ill get to use it when it i get the xbox around halos launch.

Someone is already in: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xuBeGKuT7qE

So I guess they are starting to roll it out now.

Not in love with it, yet.

It's quicker and offers a few new features. The new "controller mapping" function should be awesome. There's a lot that needs to be fixed, though.

My gripes:

-Can't tell if something is highlighted. The items appear in white boxes. When you choose something, the white box surrounding the item becomes a slightly larger white box. I was like "Where the hell is my cursor?"

-Kinect didn't recognize me. At all. I had to go and recalibrate mine. And even then, it was tough to find that option. I had to go to "ease of access" or whatever and in some obscure corner, there was a "Kinect didn't recognize me" option. Actually calibrating Kinect only asked if it could see the floor or something.

-too many entertainment options. A tab for "one guide", music, community etc. But "my games and apps" and " my pins " were kinda hidden at the bottom of the home screen. Those should be front and center, IMO. The game that's in the disc tray shouldn't require so much effort to find.

There should be backgrounds for all of the menu screens. A lot of them were totally bare. Hey, how about the option to customize or randomize every screen with a wallpaper (Vita style!)

Aside from that, is all good. Feels very modern and snazzy. Should be even better by the time the main public gets to try it.