By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who is the worst person in the gaming industry?

Who do you despise the most?

Michael Pachter 17 48.57%

Don Mattrick 10 28.57%

Jared former Subway "Guy" 8 22.86%

Total:35
sethnintendo said:
Dravenet7 said:

Between the two : Don easily.

Patche's words mean nothing.

Don's actions destroyed the Xbox One launch and threatend the state of gaming

Almost as much as Ubisoft

EDIT: Chose Jared.

Pachter words mean something.  You usually just take the complete opposite of what he says.  The only thing he might have been right on is the Wii U failure.  Score one for Pachter.

Unless he said that before launch, only your first two sentences would be on the money

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
DerNebel said:
So Pachter qualifies, because why exactly? What horrible thing has he done to the industry? Made wrong predictions? Badmouth the Wii U?

OT:

David Cage, because he obviously doesn't want to make games

Konamis CEO, because fuck Konami

Don Mattrick, because of what he did at MS

Whoever came up with the idea of a paid online network on console

What makes him bad is that he is apart of the video game industry.

People like you get way too agitated by what that dude says.

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned him yet. 

DerNebel said:
sethnintendo said:

What makes him bad is that he is apart of the video game industry.

People like you get way too agitated by what that dude says.

I don't get agitated by what he says.  I get agitated at what he gets paid for his "job".

Topics like these are petty and mean spirited.

Around the Network

Don Mattfick did some good things for Xbox and some bad things. I say Jack Tretton

David Cage
Peter Molyneux
Tim Schafer (that one's hard to swallow, he was at least part responsible for so many games I liked in the past but he's just such an insufferable, lying douche-cunt now)

Guys I just want to punch in the face but have no real problem with other than their faces are exceedingly punchable:
Reggie
Don Mattrick

spemanig said:
Topics like these are petty and mean spirited.

Sorry about that it just popped in my head.  Overall I'd say I try to be a nice person but there is a dark side.  I thought that it would make a good thread.  I thought of a few people that I don't like in the industry and allow others to bring up people that they don't like.  It is good to vent a little bit.  I like to talk shit about people that make money and do a shitty job.

- Toxic gamers as a collective are the worst thing for gaming
- He isn't active anymore, but Jack Thompson is probably the closest thing to an evil villain in the game industry.

I don't get the Patcher hate. His job is pretty much to try and predict the future, of course he is going to get things wrong.  He is doing the best with the information he gets.  He isn't trying to be evil, or slight your favorite company when he gets things wrong.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

jason1637 said:
Don Mattfick did some good things for Xbox and some bad things. I say Jack Tretton

...because?