By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New information on Factor 5's cancelled Kid Icarus project for Wii

Tagged games:

Dam why not just make it a new IP...

Around the Network

Wasn't all of this known before? I recall mocking them for this terrible, terrible idea sometime in...2009? 2010? Several years ago.

I always really wonder why nintendo didn't buy factor 5.... very talented programmers. Could've helped nintendo in so many ways.

does factor 5 still make games?

Considering how much I love uprising, I'm glad this didn't happen.

Around the Network
illdill1987 said:

They went defunct after the couple cancelled Nintendo projects.

Protendo said:
illdill1987 said:

That sucks I loved the rogue squadron games. The ones on Gamecube still look great to this  day.

So why not just let them create a new character? It didn't have to be Kid Icarus.

Nintendo was so stubborn with giving Western devs any money during the Wii/DS era even though they were swimming in mountains of cash then.

What's the harm in throwing a studio like Factor 5 that's worked well with Nintendo in the past a project? Now they're a defunct studio unfortunately, which is a shame because it would be nice to see what they could do on the Wii U ... I bet they'd really push the hardware and show us what it's max capabilities are.

Protendo said:
illdill1987 said:

It was more that the failed Sony game for the PS3 "Lair" left them in a bad position and after they lost the publisher for another one of their HD games they could not continue financially.

Some of the founders of Factor5 went on to form TouchFactor. - http://www.touchfactor.com/touchfactor-jobs.html

ot

They should have just made whatever new Turrican game they could within a budget instead of trying to recreate Kid Icarus.

Turrican is their own property and they could use any ideas they wanted, they didn't have to make it a big new 3d game either.

they should've done it for Ice Climbers lel.