By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles is a Masterpiece!

gabzjmm23 said:

i've clocked 200hours. :)

it is very addicting, initially pay attention to the combat system, there would be enemies you would easily die early on if you could know how to use the combat system. around 200 side quests as well.  and there are optional super bosses, the game is very vast and your 20 hours a game, you'll surpass it sooner than you think.  don't read too much if you don't want spoilers, great soundtrack, one of the best. you'll enjoy it.

200 hours?? Holy hell. Guess I'd better get cracking and see what all the fuss is about.   I can't imagine spending that many hours on a game without getting bored, but then again, I've heard this is no ordinary game. either.

It'll be awhile before I figure out how to do one of these. :P 

Around the Network

Glad you enjoyed it! It's my favourite ever game for good reason so it's nice to see others enjoying it and sharing the love.

Probably already asked but how did you do sidequest wise? Restore Colony 6?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

zelmusario said:
gabzjmm23 said:

i've clocked 200hours. :)

it is very addicting, initially pay attention to the combat system, there would be enemies you would easily die early on if you could know how to use the combat system. around 200 side quests as well.  and there are optional super bosses, the game is very vast and your 20 hours a game, you'll surpass it sooner than you think.  don't read too much if you don't want spoilers, great soundtrack, one of the best. you'll enjoy it.

200 hours?? Holy hell. Guess I'd better get cracking and see what all the fuss is about.   I can't imagine spending that many hours on a game without getting bored, but then again, I've heard this is no ordinary game. either.

i've played 200 hours to achieve the near 100% completion of the game.  i don't want to play the new game plus with Monado III just to defeat the super bosses.  there are a ton of things you need to defeat the super bosses - gem crafting is somewhat hard to grind :)  and affinity chart of NPCs plus all the 7 playable characters, the achievements (yes Wii  has achievements). but i didn't complete the trial list (too time consuming) and like what i've said i've tried to complete it on a single playthrough rather than playing again on a new game plus. :)

Conegamer said:
Glad you enjoyed it! It's my favourite ever game for good reason so it's nice to see others enjoying it and sharing the love.

Probably already asked but how did you do sidequest wise? Restore Colony 6?

there are two routes for restoring colony 6, 1st: the normal one from the old guy, or later in the game from another NPC.  there are missable quests or route A would lead to different set of quests (especially for NPC affinity) but route B won't give sub quests (which i've pick the route B).  i've done most of the side quests, but as I've mentioned the game has route A and route B kinda thing which is either way only. so it is hard to have a final better affinity chart. 

there are fetch quests that would help your characters level up early on, there are some unique monsters that are difficult without leveling up via fetch quests.