By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles is a Masterpiece!

I started playing it recently, had to put it down for a few weeks because of exams/vacation and picked up yesterday again. I'm only about 14 hours in, but I'm absolutely loving it!
I didn't get the outrage over some of Xenoblade Chronicles Xs more modern soudtrack choices but after playing Xenoblade Chronicles I can confidently say that it has one of the best video game soundtracks ever. It's my personal tie with LoZ Wind Waker.

Around the Network

One of my favourite games from last gen.
Everything was great about it, the scope, the characters, the battles, the MUSIC! I still get chills from 'You will know our names' battle theme.

Definitely a game that feels like the classic JRPS while also standing out on its own.

But I will say the story was a little confusing at times, but im used to it as all JRPGs have poorly explained stories.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

StarOcean said:
Currently forcing myself through it. It's pretty decent. But I'm really glad I didn't get a New 3DS for it

Where are you at in the game? 

JRPGfan said:

this is how it should look and be played:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXx1HEULtZc

Yep I played my first two playthroughs on Wii. My third playthrough (which I have spent more than the first two combined) is on Dolphin. Great visuals without the artifacts, and with a minor texture upgrade. 

Ya the game was amazing.

Around the Network

Welcome to the club. We're totally going to make T-shirts some day.

OK! No need to go all caps about it. I totally agree though.

Wait till you play XCX :)

Best game on the Wii.

Decent game, although I'm not a fan of the combat system, side content, or the level design of the overworld ...