By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles is a Masterpiece!

OH my god. Just finished Xenoblade Chronicles, and easily one of the best games i ever played 100/10 xD .

I could probably talk about it for hours and why its soo damn freaking good. When i finished the game i had 76 hours of playtime, and thats the main game. Not counting in sidequests, but i did a couple of them. The biggest reason why i love it though is its size and variety and ofc music. I was often going to a major area and thinking, '' yeah its time for the final boss'' but then i just reached halfway through the game. To me it doesnt feel dragged out at all. It has a fantastic story wich suprises me over and over. The graphics are not the best, its a Wii game afterall, but a damn impressive Wii game. I got used to the graphics after like 30 minutes, after that it felt natural to me. Still graphics of locations can be really good. I was never too interested in graphics anyway. I really really liked the battle system, it merged RPG turn based elements with auto-attack fighting. The first hour the battle system was a bit confusing but reading the tutorials were very helpful, so i quickly got the hang of it after an hour. The tutorials are also easy readable and understandable, and last but not least, the music of this game is the best video game soundtrack i ever heard.  It surpassed Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, but it was very close :P. Everyones playthrough of this game is ofc different from eachothers, but if you are someone who plays games through really quickly you should play this game definetly. So are there any cons for this game? Yes, i can only think of one and that is you can't fast sprint. There are only 2 ways of travelling. Either running/jogging or fast travelling. Other than that a perfect game and its not always that big of an issue. Oh and i also played the Wii versoin through the European Wii U eshop. I bet its gonna come to NA soon. When it does i demand you to play it haha, and for the people who do have played it, pls post why you like it or dislike it :/ and post your fave songs from the game too. Thanks

Around the Network

What a coincidence, I just started playing it yesterday!

I've only put about 10 hours into it and I can already say its an amazing game :P

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

Here are two songs i really enjoyed. The whole soundtrack is amazing, Also its minor spoilers, so if you want to be completely spoiler free i suggest not to listen then.

b00moscone said:
What a coincidence, I just started playing it yesterday!

I've only put about 10 hours into it and I can already say its an amazing game :P

Oh thats awsome, i wish i could erase my memory just so i can play it for the first time again. You have a alot to look forward too :)

For some reason, the battle system never resonated with me. Exploration was cool, the setting was nice and the overall thing looked great, but I just got bored with it.

Around the Network
Wright said:

For some reason, the battle system never resonated with me. Exploration was cool, the setting was nice and the overall thing looked great, but I just got bored with it.

That never happened to me, it introduced always new things, new battle tactics and sometimes drastic changes. New arts and tougher enemies with more abilities, and more party members always made it fresh for me, and i never really had to grind in the game that much. 

this is how it should look and be played:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXx1HEULtZc

Yeah I remember when it was announced as "Monado: The Beginning of a New World" it was one of my least anticipated Wii Rpgs (Tales of Graces and The Last Story were on top.) Tales of Graces never came west on Wii(played it on PS3, wasn't as good as Vesperia and then the later Xillia's tbh) and The Last Story wasn't as good as Xenoblade turned out to be. When I got the game I was so surprised. I am on my third play-through now - trying for 100%. What an excellent game. Up there with Terranigma, Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger, FFVI, FFIX, Xenogears, Wild Arms, Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal, and Super Mario RPG as one of my top ten JRPG's.

I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.

I'm not that into open world rpgs or rpgs with a lot of grinding. I liked that I could just focus on the main story without pressure to do subquests or get bogged down in boring things that take to long. So far I've enjoy the pacing and plot and that's where so many games loose me. It reminded me of a MMO's in many ways. It's as if someone took a solid MMO game engine and used it to build a quality single player game with an engaging story and characters.

If I tried to do the sub-quests I would imagine the game would loose my interest quickly, but that says more about my taste in games.

But I've not finished it yet (Mario maker and new guitar distractions) and it's quite possible I won't like it as much, later on. Rpgs do tend to crank up the grinding over time and it is a long game by all accounts so, at over 20 hours in, there's probably a lot lot more to come. Regardless, it's sold me on picking up the sequel some day.

I'm not even very into JRPGs and I love this game