By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - what happened to the stockpiling for SSBB?

usually others numbers are out first. Perhaps they entered the numbers for others in NA by accident.

Even if they didn't make an error on the site, it still sold more than twice what it did last week and only 6000 less than both the PS3 and 360 combined.

Around the Network

Yes AND apparently Wii LOST to Ps3 last week in EU because they were sending consoles to NA..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Ya know there is a chance VGC is wrong haha. I mean come on guys, you never know until NPD so we get 2 ranges.

Wii is still lacking behind production. I find that very very odd.

@rasone: Those are American numbers as ioi stated in one of the thread. No mistake.

Around the Network

I thought your argument was that they're not even producing 1.8M a month? Or am I getting the crazy conspiracy theories mixed up?

Wii's in NA:
1/07: 380k
2/07: 390k
3/07: 330k

1/08: 480k
2/08: 500k
3/08: 200k with 2 weeks left, on pace for 400k

Clearly there has been no production increase over last year, and sales are well below expectations.

For a guy with 29 posts you've sure developed a lot of attitude rather quickly, which banned user was your former incarnation?

DKII said:
I thought your argument was that they're not even producing 1.8M a month? Or am I getting the crazy conspiracy theories mixed up?

uhh? when did I ever say they're not producing 1.8m a month?

DKII said:

Wii's in NA:
1/07: 380k
2/07: 390k
3/07: 330k

1/08: 480k
2/08: 500k
3/08: 200k with 2 weeks left, on pace for 400k

Clearly there has been no production increase over last year, and sales are well below expectations.

For a guy with 29 posts you've sure developed a lot of attitude rather quickly, which banned user was your former incarnation?

If you go By NDP is was more like 330k/480k for US+CA ;)

Ah I still hope NPD does report higher than VGC is suggesting right know, I have plenty money bet on more than 600k wii sold in NPD March ;) 

What exactly is your argument here? Are you just here to gloat because Wii didn't sell 250k like a few others thought it might? Do you take solace in the fact that your chosen system was only outsold 2:1 instead of 4:1 despite continuing to be sold out? Or are you just trying to stir up trouble?

This is precisely why in that thread with DMJ I said we have no idea what they will do with the units until they do it. I speculated that they would use them for the SSBBB launch because they've done it for other large launches as well not because that was the only place they could logically use them.

The only thing to do with these sorts of discrepancies is to wait it out and see what happens. I've learned from the past never to start making a bunch of assumptions based on the first numbers posted on the front page. If BCNR34 wants to dance around and laugh as the wii sells 120k units in NA and act like it is a horrible week then I'm more than happy to stand off to the side and be amused by it.

The simple fact is that if there is an issue with the Wii supply chain, or if the production numbers are wrong it will only take a few more weeks for it to become obvious. In the mean time this number is lower than what many here expected but that doesn't mean it proves anything except that we were wrong about how much they would ship for brawl.

To Each Man, Responsibility