By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - what happened to the stockpiling for SSBB?

stockpiling would make since if they were meeting demand, but they're not. how could they stock pile for brawl when people are still looking to pick up wiis for galaxy and other fall titles?

they were simply focusing on getting wiis to japan because they got fit and brawl first. now it's our turn. simple as that.

Around the Network

Wii shipments through 3/31/07:  5.8 million

Nintendo's shipment projection for 4/1/07 to 3/31/08: 18.5 million

Expected LTD Wii Shipments on 3/31/08: 24.3 million 

Wii sell through at the end of this week ~22.64 million 

Through the end of next week: ~22.9 million

Through the 3/29: ~23.25 million

Wii Sellthough = ~ Wii Shipments (.95)

In other words, based on Vgchartz sell through rates, at 24.5 million Wiis shipped lifetime, sell through would be about 23.275 million, which is pretty much exactly what Wii is heading for at the end of March it looks like. 

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

DKII said:
What exactly is your argument here? Are you just here to gloat because Wii didn't sell 250k like a few others thought it might? Do you take solace in the fact that your chosen system was only outsold 2:1 instead of 4:1 despite continuing to be sold out? Or are you just trying to stir up trouble?

these threads happen all the time when stuff doesn't meet expectations so i really don't see what the big deal is.

i'm not making an argument, it just doesn't make sense why nintendo would ship next to nothing (relative) this week and then ship 100k more than this week the next week when there are no huge games being released. they're not stupid, i hope.

DKII said:
What exactly is your argument here? Are you just here to gloat because Wii didn't sell 250k like a few others thought it might? Do you take solace in the fact that your chosen system was only outsold 2:1 instead of 4:1 despite continuing to be sold out? Or are you just trying to stir up trouble?

no need to get so testy good sir. 

darthdevidem01 said:
Yes AND apparently Wii LOST to Ps3 last week in EU because they were sending consoles to NA..

yeah, someone needs to necro bump for crow consumption lol

Around the Network
TheSource said:

Wii shipments through 3/31/07: 5.8 million

Nintendo's shipment projection for 4/1/07 to 3/31/08: 18.5 million

Expected LTD Wii Shipments on 3/31/08: 24.3 million

Wii sell through at the end of this week ~22.64 million

Through the end of next week: ~22.9 million

Through the 3/29: ~23.25 million

Wii Sellthough = ~ Wii Shipments (.95)

In other words, based on Vgchartz sell through rates, at 24.5 million Wiis shipped lifetime, sell through would be about 23.275 million, which is pretty much exactly what Wii is heading for at the end of March it looks like.

I'll be honest I expected a high week from SSBB and then several fairly low weeks until the end of March in the US. 

But you're absolutely right, history has shown that Nintendo doesn't like to blow past their expectations for a given quarter particularly the FY end.  Time will tell if that is the case here, but I suspect it is.

To Each Man, Responsibility

Is a mistake.

whats the point of this thread again? oh, yeah, there was no spike in sales thus making the stockpilling argument null and void...

so?

if any of you noticed, wii sales spikes up and down weekly, randomly making it a royal pain to predict sales. so my take on it is that nintendo is shiping wiis whenever they can hence the sudden increase in sales, and when we see low sales, there's probably no wiis around.

The numbers don't makes sense really. All(most) of the major stores near me had great stock of Wii. Is it possible the the stores in ioi's sample just got smaller shipments therefore screwing with his population data?

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

You guys need to realize that because the Wii is in such short supply, the only thing controlling the sales is how many Nintendo sends our way. Doesnt matter if a huge game is coming out or nothing is coming. Now, generally, Nintendo will ship more consoles with the release of a big game, but this week proves that this isnt always the case. We got a big shipment two weeks ago and next week will also be very large.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!