By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Knowing the big titles coming next year, do you still think the NX will be coming out holiday 2016?

Will the NX launch 2016?

Yes 232 40.07%

No 286 49.40%

See Results 61 10.54%

Total:579
Soundwave said:
Miyamotoo said:

Actually Nintendo is making money on Wii U on hardware itself from last year, not to mention software. But that doesn't mean that Nintendo is satisfied with Wii U sales and profit and that they will not release new hardware next year.

We actually don't know this for a fact, people have mistranslated and misconstrued this statement greatly. It probably is by now (one would hope a nearly 4 year old piece of tech is profitable), but we don't know for sure. 

Nintendo is in a very bad spot here honestly, the fuck ups with the Wii U and the decline of the traditional handheld market has put them in a bad position now. 

Yes we actualy do know that fact

https://twitter.com/gibbogame/status/464217206100738048?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Wii U still have same $299 launch price, even without this fact its logical that 2 years later hardware will be become profitable with same price, because on launch we know that Nintendo made profit with one console and just one sold game.

Nintendo is in bad postion, but not in very bad beacuse they made good profit in 2014. fiscal year and in first quarter of this year, as long as they make money and not lose it, they are not in very bad postion regardless of console sales.

Saying that, in 2015. year they will very likely be again in profit, and I think next year even without new hardware (we already know that WiiU/3DS will have decent lineups and they will certainly have price cuts) they can still be in profit, so yes they can easily go through 2016. without new hardware, but I don't think that will be cause because this are bad sales and bad profit for Nintendo standards and evryething points we will have new hardeare next year, but we cant be 100% confident that we are geting new hardware next year and not in 2017, but chances are bigger for 2016. relase date.

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
Soundwave said:

No. Zelda is not going to change the fact that Wii U is going to finish at a mediocre 15-17 million units and be the worst selling Nintendo console.

The only thing changing that is a new Wii U controller that gives people orgasms. Price cuts, Zelda, no. I know the denial of how bad a failure the Wii U is really runs deep among some people, but it's time to accept that that system is not bouncing back. It's over. Done. Finished. 

People will see NX announced/shown and that will cause whatever remaining Wii U sales (and 3DS if it's a unified platform) to crater. 

It isn't the fact of Wii U finding a second breath, it's giving Nintendo enough time to release a decent next system that doesn't put them in the same situation as the Wii U. 

They already had enough time for next hardware, we didn't see announcement of new big budget 3DS/Wii U game 1-2 years. In last year-two we got announcement only for smaller games, spin offs, sports or games that doesn't require big budget and long development time (Pikmin 4). You can bet that new Metroid is in develop for NX, new 3D Mario game too, probably new Mario Kart...basically all Nintendo teams that already released WiiU/3DS games are currently making game for NX (of course expect teams that are working on Wii U games that yet need to come like Star Fox Zero, Zelda U, Mario & Sonic at the Rio, Pikmin 4..).

bigtakilla said:
Pavolink said:
People needs to understand this and I can guarantee you: Nintendo has moved from the Wii U. Until the NX arrives, you won't see many other big games, like a Prime or a 3D Mario game. A new Smash, a new Splatoon, a new Mario Maker. The sooner they release NX, the better for us.

It still has its BIGGEST game to release. 

Yes, its one of the biggest Nintendo games, but one at end of console life doesn't really change nothing and Zelda U will probably be cross platform.

Scisca said:
I want NX next year. I need a Nintendo home console and late 2016 would be perfect for me. Just make it more x86, more powerful than PS4 and with Wii and Wii U BC. Make it simple, don't go crazy, Nintendo!

I dont think it will be more powerful than PS4 and certainly will not be simple, probably this will be one of the craziest Nintendo ideas, saying that, they will probably have simple option too for people that want simple things.

Eddie_Raja said:

How can something be a flop and yet very popular?  Did I hit a nerve?

The Wii  U won't pass the Vita.  Deal.  With.  It. 

That should make you want Ninty to launch a new platform ASAP.

PS3 sold over 80 million and cost Sony billions. It's a flop.

At least the Wii U has games that sold respectable numbers. Vita doesn't.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
Eddie_Raja said:

How can something be a flop and yet very popular?  Did I hit a nerve?

The Wii  U won't pass the Vita.  Deal.  With.  It. 

That should make you want Ninty to launch a new platform ASAP.

PS3 sold over 80 million and cost Sony billions. It's a flop.

At least the Wii U has games that sold respectable numbers. Vita doesn't.

Haha PS3 easily broke even or profited a little overal, and it will sell 90m+.  Vita made a profit as well even if won't reach even half of the PSP (Or 1/4th).

However the Wii U is possibly the worst selling (Real) console of all time to be released by a major player in the industry.   

Anyways I don't get why you keep bringing up other consoles while we are talking about the Wii U.... *Looks at Samus name and picture** Oh I get it, yeah no bias on your side /s

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

PAOerfulone said:
What about Pikmin 4? Since Miyamoto essentially said that game is almost done.

Fifa 2020 is essentially almost done too tho, doesn't mean it'll be coming out in 2016 :D

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Eddie_Raja said:

Haha PS3 easily broke even or profited a little overal, and it will sell 90m+.  Vita made a profit as well even if won't reach even half of the PSP (Or 1/4th).

However the Wii U is possibly the worst selling (Real) console of all time to be released by a major player in the industry.   

Anyways I don't get why you keep bringing up other consoles while we are talking about the Wii U.... *Looks at Samus name and picture** Oh I get it, yeah no bias on your side /s

Not easy, and the console was not released to "broke even". It was the successor of the PS2. PS3 is a big fat failure for Sony that took a lot of time and investment to make it look a little better.

Wii U is the worst selling homeconsole ever and a real failure that made (alongside the 3DS) Nintendo operate in red numbers.

That's why they need NX as soon as possible.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

The only "big" title in development for the Wii U is Zelda.

And they're mysteriously now refusing to show it and delayed it a year, which reeks of the exact same situation that happened with Twilight Princess. They would share TP media somewhat regularily and then we got a big block of radio slience on the game, and the next we saw it, ta-da it's suddenly a Wii game.

Star Fox, Pokken, SMT x Fire Emblem, Mario Tennis these are just farmed out projects that Nintendo is not developing internally, when Nintendo's lineup starts to become majority outsourced/farmed out projects, it's another tell tale sign that they're ending their involvement with a console.

GameCube's end cycle was the same story ... Star Fox Assault, Battallion Wars, Mario Strikers, Mario Party, Pokemon XD, Geist ... you may say, wow that's plenty of support, but actually none of these games were made internally by Nintendo's main studios.

It's also curious that Miyamoto would not specify a platform for Pikmin 4 either. I do think it'll probably be a Wii U game, because it'll be cheap to just add content to the existing Pikmin 3 engine, but why not say it's for the Wii U if that is the case? That also makes me go "hmmm". 

Soundwave said:
The only "big" title in development for the Wii U is Zelda.

And they're mysteriously now refusing to show it and delayed it a year, which reeks of the exact same situation that happened with Twilight Princess.

Star Fox, Pokken, SMT x Fire Emblem, Mario Tennis these are just farmed out projects that Nintendo is not developing internally, when Nintendo's lineup starts to become majority outsourced/farmed out projects, it's another tell tale sign that they're ending their involvement with a console.

GameCube's end cycle was the same story ... Star Fox Assault, Battallion Wars, Mario Strikers, Mario Party, Geist ... you may say, wow that's plenty of support, but actually none of these games were made internally by Nintendo's main studios.

Basically they are padding their releases to give the perception of "support" until the end.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile