By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - XBOX ONE vs PLAYSTATION 4 Exclusives showdown, Post TGS.

Azuren said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Gotta love those incredibly stupid lists filled with games that either nobody care for, or are coming in 2-3 years, or haven´t even been confirmed for the west, just to make a dick measuring thread, is like when people shows you a list with a bunch of hentai games just to convince you that Vita has more games than everything else, wich is quite ironic.

The thing is, xbo is having more and better exclusives NOW, the future is still an incognita to everybody else, we don´t know what Microsoft or Nintendo have prepared for the next 3 years, and this is not a matter of quantity, this is a matter of quality, but for some reason sony fans this generation only speak about quantity, is all about having the highest numbers not the better ones, because that´s exactly what happens with PS4, 2 years in the market and the first party line up is pretty lame and clearly the worst of the 3, with some very few decent exclusives and just a great one, half of the previous exclusives were mostly underwhelming to say the least, so who knows if half of these are not going to be as lame too? A good game has more relevance than 15 mediocre games for me.

Except "better" is subjective. I'll take Bloodborne over Halo any day. 

And if you want to talk average ratings, PS4 has that, too. So while YOU may like games that appear on XB1 more, the majority opinion has been otherwise. 

The majority opinion thinks that games like CoD, Fifa or Metal Gear 5 Phantom Pain are Ps4 exclusives, because the majority of people buy consoles depending on marketing and PS4 marketing is overwhelmingly superior everywhere, wich is something where Sony is pretty damn good, they try really hard to make third parties look like they are exclusives, eclipsing always the XBO version of the same game,  but that doesn´t mean that Ps4 have the best exclusives games for informed gamers, wich are a minority among gamers btw.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
Azuren said:

Except "better" is subjective. I'll take Bloodborne over Halo any day. 

And if you want to talk average ratings, PS4 has that, too. So while YOU may like games that appear on XB1 more, the majority opinion has been otherwise. 

The majority opinion thinks that games like CoD, Fifa or Metal Gear 5 Phantom Pain are Ps4 exclusives, because the majority of people buy consoles depending on marketing and PS4 marketing is overwhelmingly superior everywhere, wich is something where Sony is pretty damn good, they try really hard to make third parties look like they are exclusives, eclipsing always the XBO version of the same game,  but that doesn´t mean that Ps4 have the best exclusives games for informed gamers, wich are a minority among gamers btw.

He's not talking about sales. He's talking about ratings, obviously.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:
Goodnightmoon said:

He's not talking about sales. He's talking about ratings, obviously.

Yarp

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Normchacho said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Gotta love those incredibly stupid lists filled with games that either nobody care for, or are coming in 2-3 years, or haven´t even been confirmed for the west, just to make a dick measuring thread, is like when people shows you a list with a bunch of hentai games just to show you that Vita has more games than everything else, wich is quite ironic.

The thing is, xbo is having more and better exclusives NOW, the future is still an incognita to everybody else, we don´t know what Microsoft or Nintendo have prepared for the next 3 years, and this is not a matter of quantity, this is a matter of quality, but for some reason sony fans this generation only speak about quantity, is all about having the highest numbers not the better ones, because that´s exactly what happens with PS4, 2 years in the market and the first party line up is pretty lame, with some very few decent exclusives and just a great one, and half of the previous exclusives were mostly underwhelming to say the least, who knows if half of these are not going to be as lame too?

While I agree that making lists that include games that aren't out yet is silly, your main point is simply incorrect.

The PS4 has the higher rated exclusive lineup. It has a higher average review score, and more games that have high scores (both in quanity, and as a percentage of total games). I'm not talking about the future either, this is the state of things now.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=207094&page=1

I hate when people combine the scores of indie games with the scores of full priced retail games, and your selective definition of real exclusives leave outside things like the Master Chief collection (wich is not a new game but a remake of 4 games in one, not a simple last gen remaster) or Rare Replay (one the best games compilation ever done) or Ori and the blind forest (wich is a console exclusive and one of the best games of the year, if you are counting indies, you are leaving the best one), but you instead show Ps4 games like N++ that are totally irrelevant.

And With now I meant also for the rest of the year though, games that are close enogh to have in consideration, like Halo 5 or the new Tomb Raider, that we have already seen enough to know they look good and we all know they will have good scores too, games that are coming in 1-3 years and we haven´t seen almost anything about them are hard to use as an argument of anything, because for once they could be bad, or delayed, or cancelled, or only japanese games, and also we don´t know what the other 2 companies are going to release by that moment.

gooch_destroyer said:
PotentHerbs said:

The thread is stating the obvious lol at this point its established PS4 has more exclusives. The list war threads a while back hammered home the point. 

XOne having third party support = multiplats plus the occassional exclusive. 

XOne cracking 20 Million = growing userbase, more potential profit to be made on software, more incentive for a XTwo, X720, etc. 

All I'm saying is, its better to be second place then third place, lmao. 

lol don't worry. I just wanted to use that photo. 

I fucking love that meme

Around the Network

I think it's nice these games get an audience and devs are able to make them. I hope these devs have success with their releases but you have to admit not all of them will be successful.

What I don't get though is why fanboys try so hard to minimize other console's library. So what if Sony has a bajilion more exclusive games if that person wants to play Halo?!? The same can be said about remasters, why do you care if some people want to pay for the same games over and over again or some niche games? Do you get a cut for trying so hard to convince everyone that your console has the best games?

I'm all for quality wayyy over quantity but I respect that more games can result in having more kinds of what you like.

Good Sony news never fail to bring saltiness to this threads!

The power of choice is strong with Sony.

Dont like JRPG's? You have TPS. Dont like TPS? You have FPS. Dont like FPS? You have Sports Games.

Every single genre is or will soon be covered.

But of course, this fact rustle the jimmies of people that are stuck with consoles where 80% of its games are platformers of the same franchise...or shooters from 3 generations ago.

AEGRO said:

Dont like JRPG's? You have TPS. Dont like TPS? You have FPS. Dont like FPS? You have Sports Games.

But of course, this fact rustle the jimmies of people that are stuck with consoles where 80% of its games are platformers of the same franchise...or shooters from 3 generations ago.

XBONE:

JRPG: FF XV, KH3

TPS: Gears of War

FPS: Halo

Sports: Fifa, Madden, PES, PCM, etc.

Wii U:

JRPG: Xenoblade Chronicles X, Ibun Genei Roku #FE

Level creator: Super Mario Maker

TPS: Splatoon

Action adventure: Zelda U

Fighting: Pokken Tournament

On-rails shooter: Star Fox Zero

Survival horror: Fatal Frame V

3DS:

JRPG: DQ XI, Bravely Second, Yo-kai Watch, Pokémon Z (we all know it's coming), Monster Hunter Stories

Turn based strategy rpg: Fire Emblem: Fates

Action RPG: Monster Hunter X

Action adventure: Zelda Triforce Heroes

Life simulator: AC: HHD

Platformer: Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice (yeah, just one)

FPS: Metroid Prime: Federation Force

Musou: Hyrule Warriors Legends

Visual novel: The Great Ace Attorney

Sure, only platforming games coming out on the other consoles, lol. And I'm mostly just listing upcoming games.

Samus Aran said:
AEGRO said:

XBONE:

JRPG: FF XV, KH3

TPS: Gears of War

FPS: Halo

Sports: Fifa, Madden, PES, PCM, etc.

Wii U:

JRPG: Xenoblade Chronicles X, Ibun Genei Roku #FE

Level creator: Super Mario Maker

TPS: Splatoon

Action adventure: Zelda U

Fighting: Pokken Tournament

On-rails shooter: Star Fox Zero

Survival horror: Fatal Frame V

3DS:

JRPG: DQ XI, Bravely Second, Yo-kai Watch, Pokémon Z (we all know it's coming), Monster Hunter Stories

Turn based strategy rpg: Fire Emblem: Fates

Action RPG: Monster Hunter X

Action adventure: Zelda Triforce Heroes

Life simulator: AC: HHD

Platformer: Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice (yeah, just one)

FPS: Metroid Prime: Federation Force

Musou: Hyrule Warriors Legends

Visual novel: The Great Ace Attorney

Sure, only platforming games coming out on the other consoles, lol. And I'm mostly just listing upcoming games.

The fact that i didnt name names and you still went out knighting speak for itself LOL

Sea of Thieves is missing on the XBONE retail list btw.