By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - XBOX ONE vs PLAYSTATION 4 Exclusives showdown, Post TGS.

Goodnightmoon said:
Normchacho said:

While I agree that making lists that include games that aren't out yet is silly, your main point is simply incorrect.

The PS4 has the higher rated exclusive lineup. It has a higher average review score, and more games that have high scores (both in quanity, and as a percentage of total games). I'm not talking about the future either, this is the state of things now.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=207094&page=1

I hate when people combine the scores of indie games with the scores of full priced retail games, and your selective definition of real exclusives leave outside things like the Master Chief collection (wich is not a new game but a remake of 4 games in one, not a simple last gen remaster) or Rare Replay (one the best games compilation ever done) or Ori and the blind forest (wich is a console exclusive and one of the best games of the year, if you are counting indies, you are leaving the best one), but you instead show Ps4 games like N++ that are totally irrelevant.

And With now I meant also for the rest of the year though, games that are close enogh to have in consideration, like Halo 5 or the new Tomb Raider, that we have already seen enough to know they look good and we all know they will have good scores too, games that are coming in 1-3 years and we haven´t seen almost anything about them are hard to use as an argument of anything, because for once they could be bad, or delayed, or cancelled, or only japanese games, and also we don´t know what the other 2 companies are going to release by that moment.

I never understood the sentiment that scores of indie and retail games need to be seperated. The only reason I can think of for doing so is because you are trying to only talk about games that will drive console sales. Which still doesn't really make sense because then you could argue that you should only count games from popular genres, or from popular franchises. Just silly. Especially when you consider that most people here already have at least one of these consoles, why should we care about what will drive sales?

You should read the OP of that thread. I specifically say that the list is only for games that can only be found on those consoles. I made a platform list which includes many of the games you mentioned, but still excludes PC games like Ori because...you know, PC.

I am vehemently against leaving off games because someone thinks it's "irrelevant". You cannot make an unbiased list without including every game.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
sabvre42 said:
Snoopy said:
Ehh hardly anything interest me on PS4 (don't like Japanese anime games at all). And judging by the sales of those games I think a lot of people agree with me.

Clearly man! Fuck Final Fantasy, Dark Souls, Bloodbourne, kingdom hearts, etc. Those games are niche as hell and never sell > 1M.

Oh wait... you just mean non shooters or racers? 

We did find out the Gran Turismo was niche, recently, so.......

Samus Aran said:
Sea of Thieves is missing on the XBONE retail list btw.

I thought it was a F2P MMO akin to Fable Legends.

AEGRO said:
Good Sony news never fail to bring saltiness to this threads!

The power of choice is strong with Sony.

Dont like JRPG's? You have TPS. Dont like TPS? You have FPS. Dont like FPS? You have Sports Games.

Every single genre is or will soon be covered.

But of course, this fact rustle the jimmies of people that are stuck with consoles where 80% of its games are platformers of the same franchise...or shooters from 3 generations ago.

The best games on the WiiU are a:

- Kart Racing (MK8)
- Hack and Slash (Bayonetta 2)
- Adventure/Strategy (Pikmin 3)
- 3D platformer (3D World)
- 2D platformer (Tropical Freeze)
- Fighting game (Smash Bros 4)
- Online TPS (Splatoon)
- Level Editor (SMM)

And soon an open world JRPG (XBX) and probably a Space shooter (STZ) and a horror game (FFV)

But that´s not variety, nop, having an action Rpg as the only great game of your first party line up, that´s real variety. And of course XBO has only shooter form 3 generations ago despite sharing the 95% of the library of Ps4, right. I have seen that many people in this web says " more variety " when they want to say "more niche unreleased JRPGS" 

Goodnightmoon said:
AEGRO said:

Dont like JRPG's? You have TPS. Dont like TPS? You have FPS. Dont like FPS? You have Sports Games.

But of course, this fact rustle the jimmies of people that are stuck with consoles where 80% of its games are platformers of the same franchise...or shooters from 3 generations ago.

- Kart Racing (MK8)
- Online TPS (Splatoon)
- Level Editor (SMM)

And soon an open world JRPG (XBX) and probably a Space shooter (STZ) and a horror game (FFV)

But that´s not variety, nop, having an action Rpg as the only great game of your first party line up, that´s real variety.

Since when is level editor a genre? It's a platformer, Like LBP.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
AEGRO said:

- Kart Racing (MK8)
- Online TPS (Splatoon)
- Level Editor (SMM)

But that´s not variety, nop, having an action Rpg as the only great game of your first party line up, that´s real variety.

One of each? Nice. If i dont like Mario there goes a third of that list! 

P.D. At this time and age, after so many discussions on this page, i know there will be a moment where Wii U fans will realize that:

A) Third Party Games are (Spoilers Alert) = Games; and that

B) Games are Games.

There is nothing varied about the Wii U catalog, but that doesnt have to do with the thread so...

Normchacho said:
Goodnightmoon said:

- Kart Racing (MK8)
- Online TPS (Splatoon)
- Level Editor (SMM)

The main focus of the game and where the game is more fun is on the level creation, is over all a level creator, nobody would say that RPG maker is an RPG or Project Spark a platformer, they are editors of that genre, the game experience is quite different, you can´t put Super Mario Maker in the same bag of 2D platformer because it doesn´t feel like that, you spend hours painting levels instead of jumping.

Normchacho said:
Goodnightmoon said:

- Kart Racing (MK8)
- Online TPS (Splatoon)
- Level Editor (SMM)

You know why! They have to inflate their lists to make them look better than they are:

"We have so many genres on the Wii U:"

Splatoon (Third Person Shooter Genre)

Splatoon (Paint Battle Genre)

Splatoon (Squid vs Kids Genre)

Splatoon (Online Painting Shooting Team Battle Genre)

AEGRO said:
Normchacho said:

You know why! They have to inflate their lists to make them look better than they are:

"We have so many genres on the Wii U:"

Splatoon (Third Person Shooter Genre)

Splatoon (Paint Battle Genre)

Splatoon (Squid vs Kids Genre)

Splatoon (Online Painting Shooting Team Battle Genre)

Yeah because I totally said that.

AEGRO said:
The fact that i didnt name names and you still went out knighting speak for itself LOL

The fact that he proved your post wrong and your only retort is "LOL" speaks for itself.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread