By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tatsumi Kimishima is the new president of Nintendo

Should have a pic of him smiling if there is one. Those GC days were a little rough just like now. Perhaps it is an omen.

Around the Network

Well he seems to be one you don't mess with... atleast from that picture :)

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Ka-pi96 said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Well they don't have to be that young. But 65? That's retirement age. I'd be surprised if he is still in the job in 5 years time.

He's just transitional, I'm guessing. And Carly Fiorina was 44 when she almost singlehandedly brought down HP.

Iwata was 42 and he did pretty well...

Yes. But he wasn't new and upcoming.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

sethnintendo said:

Should have a pic of him smiling if there is one. Those GC days were a little rough just like now. Perhaps it is an omen.

I posted one in the previous page.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

I'm willing to give this guy a shot...
But somehow I just can't see this guy pulling off Directs...

Have a nice day...

Around the Network

I don't think he will be a "personality" president. In his 10+ years as president and then chief officer of NOA, I don't recall him ever giving a single interview.

He's more of a corporate type, and will likely be more behind the scenes I think.

Largely speaking I think the philosophy/design for NX was pretty much complete under Iwata anyway. The job now will just be going forward and releasing the product.

I think his hiring is more about freeing Miyamoto/Takeda from the corporate responsibilities of managing a multi-billion dollar company. Those guys are creators and engineers, they're not business men, even Iwata had extensive experience as president of HAL and the business side, he wasn't picked to run Nintendo because he was a game designer. 

He looks very old. I'm not down quite yet.

Doesn't sound like much is changing:

http://variety.com/2015/biz/asia/nintendo-appoints-tatsumi-kimishima-as-president-1201592883/

“The basic direction and strategy won’t change,” Kimishima said. Takeda and Miyamoto will be in charge of software development, while “I control administration,” Kimishima said.

Sounds like he will handle more of the business stuff, but not really company philosophy or direction. 

spemanig said:
He looks very old. I'm not down quite yet.

True, but isn't the old Nintendo what everyone seems to want (NES through GC years)? Could be a good thing. Couldn't his strict demeanor mean that he isn't going to play into the "gimmicks game" the way Iwata and Miyamoto have? 

Plus a super serious guy in Nintendo Directs seems like it'd be hilarious to watch. 

It's only for one year. So it's a temporary position. I'm much more down with that.

Sakurai for president, 2016.