By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What was your first Mario game? When did you first play Mario?

Mario World was my first Mario game and I played it back in '96!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Donkey Kong on the Coleco Vision.  If you mean an actual Mario titled game, then probably Mario Bros. on I forget what.  Or, Super Mario Bros. on the NES.  So far back I don't recall the years.

I'm pretty sure Mario Bros. was my first "Mario" game, and I was probably like 3-4 at the time, playing with my older brothers. Shortly after that, I played some Super Mario Bros. and then pretty much every mainline Mario game from then on.

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

Donkey Kong on ColecoVision. The system's killer app haha.

It was Super Mario World on an emulator. He first Mario game I beat was Super Mario Land, on my GBA.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Mario Bros. for Atari 5200

Donkey Kong in arcades. After that SMB on NES...but, by that time I was well into ZX/C64 gaming and SMB felt bit awkward to me, so I didn't pay much attention to it.

Super Mario Land

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Traditional Mario game? Well the first one I bought was 3D World.
First game with Mario in the title that I played? Super Mario Sunshine. Loved that game. 

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Super Mario Bros when I was visiting my cousins

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]