By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The first Splatoon clone is a fact

ohmylanta1003 said:
Anyone that actually believes Splatoon isn't an original game is, simply put, retarded. I can't believe some of the posts in this thread.

Nice real classy there bud.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Around the Network
alternine said:
ohmylanta1003 said:
Anyone that actually believes Splatoon isn't an original game is, simply put, retarded. I can't believe some of the posts in this thread.

Nice real classy there bud.

Thanks! Just stating the facts like everyone else seems to be doing in this thread!

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

fatslob-:O said:
XanderXT said:

But they both have plots about stopping Nukes from firing, so that must make COD a rip off of MGS.

Thank god I was talking about them mechanics ... 

Can you prove that MGS was the first game to have a plot about stopping a nuke ? 

No, but can you prove Color Wars was the first game about winning by having the most paint by your team?

XanderXT said:

No, but can you prove Color Wars was the first game about winning by having the most paint by your team?

No but that wasn't my goal ... 

I was only disputing the fact that Splatoon had mostly original mechanics with Color Wars ... 

Why don't you go read the rest of the thread before coming to pick a bone with me ? 

They should have at least chose s more creative name than 'Squid Wars' :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
XanderXT said:

No but that wasn't my goal ... 

I was only disputing the fact that Splatoon had mostly original mechanics with Color Wars ... 

Why don't you go read the rest of the thread before coming to pick a bone with me ? 

But the mechanics aren't the same at all...

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

ohmylanta1003 said:

So Splatoon doesn't feature turf war ? 

BasilZero said:
XanderXT said:
BasilZero said:

The fact that it has Disney characters makes it instant better than Splatoon. If not Mario then Disney characters!

Day 1 pre-order.

I'll pay $100 for it so they can make Squid Wars 2.

Even if it doesn't actually have Squids?

Anything that isnt a squid is better.

But Squid Wars is Squid.

ohmylanta1003 said:

First off, turf wars didn't even come from Color Wars.. Second off, so what if they both have similar mechanics? People don't call Duke Nukem 3D a rip-off of Doom just because they're shooters that have a lot of enemies swarming you.  And third off, how would Nintendo ever have watched an obscure cancelled indie Xbox game?

ohmylanta1003 said:

Turf war isn't a mechanic. It's a game mode. Try to stay on topic.