By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - August 2015 NPD Thread! PS4, XBO, Wii U estimates up!

JRPGfan said:

Gears/Madden bundles. Plus Best Buy X1/TV deal earlier in the month.
TV ads for Madden... and Xbox didnt win August.

Until dawn moved more consoles? or One Piece? people just prefer the ps4?
Xbox One should have had a shot to win this month, at this point Im not sure what it ll take for MS to win a month.

I predicted the PS4 would win this month... mainly  because it never losses any months but... this month should have been one of those that it could have happend.

A remaster that is primarily popular with core Xbox fans who already own Xbox. Not a game that could attract past gen PS fans, and any XBox fans yet to move to next gen are not likely to be moved by Gears remake.

2nd Madden for the generation, which is also out on past gen consoles. Most people likely to move to Xb one because of Madden probably did so last year. The bundle is a 1TB bundle still at last year's $399 price. It would have shifted more units if it had been $349 because the price would have got more people to switch generations.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

Expected?  Xbox One had a tv/xbox one deal (where you saved alot), it had bundles for madden/gears, tv ads for Madden.

PS4 had Until dawn.... and still won.

It really was ... 

This wasn't the first time the PS4 had many things going against it compared to the X1 ...

ethomaz said:
Dark_Feanor said:

No Destiny??

But the hype is real...

Destiny launches next week.

September NPD.

Will TTK count as a full game or only the vanilla will be considered? 

Predictions?

PS: I´m assuming MGS V will enter the next report.

JRPGfan said:
ethomaz said:

PS4 first... expected I guess.

Same for next month (big gap?) and finally a battle in Oct.

Expected?  Xbox One had a tv/xbox one deal (where you saved alot), it had bundles for madden/gears, tv ads for Madden.

Expected because Amazon had PS4 as the lead hardware for the month. And in Amazon we trust.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

fatslob-:O said:
JRPGfan said:

It really was ... 

This wasn't the first time the PS4 had many things going against it compared to the X1 ...

September is going to be a slaughter...

Around the Network

PS4 is guaranteed up over 6% compared to last august.

JRPGfan said:

If Japan is any indication, you could be right.

edit: Destiny ... Yep, a slaughter.

The PS5 Exists. 

ethomaz said:

PS4 first... expected I guess.

Same for next month (big gap?) and finally a battle in Oct.

Doubt it will be much of a battle. Will have to wait for November at least.

Splatoon crossed 600k physical + digital

GribbleGrunger said:
JRPGfan said:

If Japan is any indication, you could be right.

edit: Destiny ... Yep, a slaughter.

I was thinking MGSV.

What was the split?  73% to 22%? something crazyt like that, and that was from... the uk?

Im guessing that ll push some units, once you look at world wide sales.