By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - August 2015 NPD Thread! PS4, XBO, Wii U estimates up!

binary solo said:

Yes, but the point is all those giveaways for the PS4 are counted by NPD, whereas the official Xb one Madden bundle is not counted except for hardware purchases. So whoever gets the actual software sales figures are getting 100% data for PS4 but <100% data for Xb one. So we actually don't know which console has the bigger Madden distribution. 

I think if you follow that through you'll realise it doesn't change the assumption that the made up PS4 Madden bundles didn't help it to outsell the XB1 version, even with the bundles. Perhap those made up bundles DID help make sure Madden lead on the PS4, but it doesn't in any way negate the idea that those made up bundles stopped the XB1 selling more (with the bundles). I'd say it makes it more likely the PS4 sold more copies of Madden than the XB1. It adds to the argument. It doesn't reduce it.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
GribbleGrunger said:
After two years with a 100% record, people are still doubting Amazon? Come on now.

LOL. You're using product rankings and assumptions to derive the sales data across the US. Doubt it? I laugh at the thought of using it as the sole basis for extrapolation.

I don't understand. If it's been right that often, how can you laugh?

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Well I guess Microsoft is at least making a fight of it in the US.

Sad sales for the Wii U as usual. Splatoon is doing OK, but looks like no hardware bump whatsoever in the US.

Shadow1980 said:

The pie has been baked and is out of the oven. We can add ~209k for the PS4 and the Wii U at 42.5k. That was damn close between the two. Now it's time to update my graphs, post and comment on what I have, and go to bed.

P.S.: Nothing concrete for the 3DS yet, I don't think.

Thanks shadow. And 7k gap is really narrow and close to statistical error.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Looks like the Madden bundle was't enough.

Around the Network

Wow only 7k in difference!

Its time for a pricecut.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

From creamsugar:

Rare Replay <109k
Until Dawn <90k
One Piece PW3 <16k
Etrian Odyssey Untold 2 <13k

Pretty boring sales numbers. Hopefully a price cut for one of the systems is announced soon to make things interesting.

As expected

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Rob5VGC said:
CosmicSex said:
twintail said:
binary solo said:

And there it is. Quite possible that Xb one actually got more copies of Madden into houses, but as NPD doesn't count official bundles Sony gets to use Madden as a PR win instead of MS. Though perhaps if Madden sold more on Xb one when counting the bundle MS could come out with PR along those lines. But in this situations it's a case of early bird gets the worm rather than second mouse gets the cheese.

Wasnt there a promotion where you could get Madden for free with the purchase of a PS4? Im pretty sure I saw that somewhere.

I remember something about that.  THere was a specific retailer and I'm not really sure that it was last month... I think I heard about it a total of 1 time.

Walmart and Gamestop.

PS4 on top again despite all the deals and games from MS last month. Looking forward to next month.

There were no deals and bundles for PS4 in August?