By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kotaku: Creator of SMW hacks gets hit hard by Nintendo's Youtube policies

DakonBlackblade said:
Its Nintendo so the usual sugarcoating will happen. Now if it was Actvision, Konami, EA or something like that ppl would be outraged and raging all over the internet.

It's ok, Nintendo gets a free pass.... just because

Around the Network

This reminds me of the Mugen Street Fighter games and it's amazing how Capcom haven't asked for all the videos to be taken down.

I think the simple point Nintendo are missing here is, these videos build the Nintendo brand, they add towards keeping Nintendo a strong and relevant brand, they build a following and usually they create dedicated groups that follow and support Nintendo.

Yes, there is a question about legality, but the only thing Nintendo had achieved here is bad publicity for the better part of it, upset certain groups that support the brand and lose out on free promotion.

It's not like people who emulate games won't stop emulating, but it does mean those people who would have watched those videos and would have got interested in buying a Mario game won't.

NobleTeam360 said:
DakonBlackblade said:
Its Nintendo so the usual sugarcoating will happen. Now if it was Actvision, Konami, EA or something like that ppl would be outraged and raging all over the internet.

In what world do you live guys? because in mine every week there is some thread where people comes to say the exact same thing as you, because every week there is one or several threads with people shitting about something Nintendo has done, and yet you guys insist on that "free pass" bullshit, they have a constant backlash for everything they do the last 2-3 years, "free pass" my ass, and btw, of all comunities in this page, Nintendo fans are not the less critic with their company, not by a mile, some comunity here don´t question AT ALL anything their favourite company does and yet that "free pass" argument is only used for Nintendo, and is annoying as hell.

Goodnightmoon said:
NobleTeam360 said:

In what world do you live guys? because in mine every week there is some thread where people comes to say the exact same thing as you, because every week there is one or several threads with people shitting about something Nintendo has done, and yet you guys insist on that "free pass" bullshit, they have a constant backlash for everything they do the last 2-3 years, "free pass" my ass, and btw, of all comunities in this page, Nintendo fans are not the less critic with their company, not by a mile, some comunity here don´t question AT ALL anything their favourite company does and yet that "free pass" argument is only used for Nintendo, and is annoying as hell.

Woah bud, calm down. It's just Nintendo. 

Goodnightmoon said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Because most Nintendo fans either entirely ignore it or just attack those who are criticising it. So, that's how it sticks around.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Because most Nintendo fans either entirely ignore it or just attack those who are criticising it. So, that's how it sticks around.

Maybe it has something to do with not being their problem at all, this is a problem they have with youtubers since a long time ago, no one is suprised, but is not a problem with their consumers, but some of you love to make it seem bad for everyone just to have something to shit about and prove how evil they are, when this conservative aproach to youtube is just that, a conservative aproach, wich is bad for them in the long term, but it doesn´t affect the consumers at all outside some few youtubers and that´s it. And yet, if a Nintendo fan is not mad at this because it doesn´t really affect him at all and there is a similar thread every week for the same bullshit, he is a sheep, no, this is only a trap you guys made, I couldn´t care less about this, I don´t think is ok but I cannot be mad when it does not affect me at all, however people that don´t even have a Nintendo system is the most offended, I wonder why (not really)

outlawauron said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Most Nintendo fans are tired of the weekly "Nintendo takes down youtube video thread".

If it's so important make an official Nintendo youtube policies thread. It's also important to note that everyone ignores the other party that is to blame: youtube/google. Their ID content strike system really needs to change.