By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Name a Sonic game that YOU like, but everybody else hates

Sonic Heroes is a guilty pleasure, I never got to the friggen last story though.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
spemanig said:
I don't like any Sonic game that everyone else hates. I think a lot of Sonic games that a lot of people like are garbage, though. Adventure. Adventure 2. Generations. Colors. All bad. Particularly with the latter two, because it's like people compare them to the first two and think "Well... These aren't broken, unplayable messes... Must be great!" When they're really just bad games that work this time.

That being said, I still stand by the stance that Sonic Advance 2 is the best Sonic ever made. While no one really hates that game, it's definitely criminally underrated.

We're gonna have to fight. When I get a Wii U, meet me online for some Smash.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

We're gonna have to fight. When I get a Wii U, meet me online for some Smash.

Hope you play as Sonic.

Arlo said:
The internet tells me that people liked Sonic Adventure 2, but everyone I meet says it was garbage. I'm going to go ahead and count it, and say that I played it for something like a billion hours. It was the Chao, man. As a game, it was mediocre to bad. As a game where you raise Chao and play the rest of the game like a series of okay mini games for getting stuff for your Chao, it was amazing.

Most ppl who say Adv2 was bad focused on its overtly negative aspects or on the Adventure part of the name. As a Sonic game, IMO it is the best 3D Sonic and Last true 3D sonic. Everything else was ghastly or 2.5 D

I'm pretty sure people aren't too favourable towards Sonic Unleashed, but I think it's pretty good, even the Werehog parts.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
I don't like any Sonic game that everyone else hates. I think a lot of Sonic games that a lot of people like are garbage, though. Adventure. Adventure 2. Generations. Colors. All bad. Particularly with the latter two, because it's like people compare them to the first two and think "Well... These aren't broken, unplayable messes... Must be great!" When they're really just bad games that work this time.

That being said, I still stand by the stance that Sonic Advance 2 is the best Sonic ever made. While no one really hates that game, it's definitely criminally underrated.

Sonic Colors is one of my favourite videogames of all time :P

Anyways,
I like Sonic and the Secret Rings, I didn't mind the Black Knight. Would have been nice to have one more to close the trilogy of the storybook games.

Sonic Lost World I loved, it did not deserve the ratings it did.  It is a great game. The DLC crossover stages are a nice bonus too.

Shadow the Hedgehog was fun! Sonic Boom is also fun. 

While there are flaws in many of the Sonic games, I don't think I have played one that I did not enjoy.

1doesnotsimply

Sega Allstar Racing. Best kart game after MK.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Sonic generations for 3DS. Its a great but short Sonic game and gets bad reviews and i never understood why. Its sonic done right.

mZuzek said:
vivster said:
Sega Allstar Racing. Best kart game after MK.

How is that even a game that "everybody else hates"?

I don't see anyone playing it, so they must hate it deeply. Just like Rocket League.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Sonic and the Black Knight definitely!!

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^