By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - *TOLD YOU SO* 2015 is the year of 8th GEN

jason1637 said:
Lawlight said:

I should have mentioned w101 and Bayonetta. w101 got poor reviews and Bayonetta was pretty mediocre.

I liked them. But as a series ur right if i am not being biased so.. Next year the big exclusives for each platform will probs be Zelda, UC4, Gears 4.

What is he talking about?

W101 and Bayonetta were universally loved by the actual gamers. 

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network

My god. This man predicted that consoles would get more support in their second year. Clearly he has great psychic powers. The rest of us mere mortals can only pray he chooses to use these powers for good. For if he should turn to the dark side, this power can bring humanity to its knees.

Lawlight said:
jason1637 said:

They were all great games. You also forgot to mention w101 and beyonetta

I should have mentioned w101 and Bayonetta. w101 got poor reviews and Bayonetta was pretty mediocre.

So... first you're going to dismiss Wonderful 101 for getting poor reviews (78% metacritic is hardly poor btw), and then two seconds later, you dismiss a game with reviews above 90?  Lol.  I guess reviews only matter when it's convenient for you.

I will say that I've enjoyed this year's output so far, and these last few months will really kick it into overdrive.

That being said, it's definitely not as good of a year as we were all hoping due to the many delays (Zelda U and Uncharted 4 namely) and I still think this prediction isn't exactly a shoe-in. 2016 has great potential to be better than this year.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

JWeinCom said:
Lawlight said:

So... first you're going to dismiss Wonderful 101 for getting poor reviews (78% metacritic is hardly poor btw), and then two seconds later, you dismiss a game with reviews above 90?  Lol.  I guess reviews only matter when it's convenient for you.

Yeah, I dismiss Bayonetta as a good game because I played it. Even if you want to count those as good games, what's the success rate of PG? 40%?

Around the Network
ps3-sales! said:
jason1637 said:

I liked them. But as a series ur right if i am not being biased so.. Next year the big exclusives for each platform will probs be Zelda, UC4, Gears 4.

What is he talking about?

W101 and Bayonetta were universally loved by the actual gamers. 

I doubt w101 would be so "loved" if it was multiplatform.

It's a decent year, but nothing too mindblowing. I'm still waiting for games like Zelda U and Dragon Quest XI which aren't coming out this year.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Lawlight said:

I doubt w101 would be so "loved" if it was multiplatform.

I doubt W101 would exist as a multiplatform.

Lawlight said:
JWeinCom said:

Yeah, I dismiss Bayonetta as a good game because I played it. Even if you want to count those as good games, what's the success rate of PG? 40%?

If you want to disregard Wonderful 101 because of bad reviews (even though it didn't get bad reviews), then you can't disregard a game with great reviews.  Reviews are either relevant or they're not.  

I think the later half of this year is pretty good, but still think that 2016 will (gaming wise) have many more titles and more interesting genres/game ideas.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!