By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - *TOLD YOU SO* 2015 is the year of 8th GEN

Um, well so far this gen, I've really enjoyed the Wii U's games, but the PS4 and X1 games haven't been that great. Out of the Wii U games I've liked, all of them came out between 2013-14. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

I hope It gets better

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

MoHasanie said:

Um, well so far this gen, I've really enjoyed the Wii U's games, but the PS4 and X1 games haven't been that great. Out of the Wii U games I've liked, all of them came out between 2013-14.

How have they not been great? Please give me a reason. 

Not great for you? Or not great in general? 

Because the critics and millions of players buying games and enjoying them would have to disagree. 

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Lawlight said:
ps3-sales! said:

What is he talking about?

W101 and Bayonetta were universally loved by the actual gamers. 

I doubt w101 would be so "loved" if it was multiplatform.

Why? It's a fantastic game, that wouldn't change if it was multiplatform. 

I agree but I thought 2014 was pretty good, so... I'm easy to please maybe?

PS, PS2, Gameboy Advance, PS3, PSP, PS4, Xbox One

Around the Network
ps3-sales! said:
MoHasanie said:

How have they not been great? Please give me a reason. 

Not great for you? Or not great in general? 

Because the critics and millions of players buying games and enjoying them would have to disagree. 

Not great for me. 

None of the games I've played have been memorable, and the games that are getting the best reviews are the ones I'm not really interested in. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Ka-pi96 said:
bananaking21 said:
this year is pretty sweet. lots and lots of great games. not sure why people are saying its lack luster, is it because third party games dont count?

It's not that third party games don't count, it's that the vast majority of them aren't properly 8th gen games. Even MGSV has 7th gen versions. 8th gen can't properly kick off until it breaks free of 7th gen.

it doesnt make MGS5 any less of an awesome game though. reality is that 8th gen consoles (well PS4 and XB1) are having a hell of a year.