By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are your Game ideas that would be ideal for Wii Controls?

DDR game using 2 wiimote and dance pad together ^^ I know they have anounced a DDR game for Wii, lets hope it'll use 2 wiimote instead of a nunchuck

Around the Network
diegomoroco777 said:
The game every single person wants: Star Wars game for the Wii One Hand for Lightsaber motions, and the other for using the force. Also you can choose to keep the lightsaber out and use both hands for the force ( the choking motion would be cool, moreless like godfathers). If you can use siths, then a forward motion would let you throw lightning. Dunno what else can be done with that.

I was so wraped up with my food fight and dodge ball i totally forgot about this!!! I'm dying for a full fledged lightsaber game. in fact I don't even care if it's a full fledged adventure/action game, it can be a fighting game with tons of training mission in the academy and stuff, it just HAS TO have perfect motion control.

and personally I just can't wait to see a commercial for this game as I'm just dying to see a dude grab his wii-mote and upon pressing the B Button the saber pops out of the controler and you just see him battling dudes in his living room. It would be awesome! I know i'm weird I'm more excited about the commercial than the game.

1:1 motion is SO hard to do though. I don't know...I think I might be happy with a Star Wars game that has near 1:1 controls, but lots of Force stuff involving motion too. Like, heavy swing when your Wiimote is raised high, Light swing when your Wiimote is lower, and Medium when it's level...something like that. But yeah, 1:1 would rock, if possible. Also, Half Life 2 grav gun, using Wiimote? Very fun...I wish that PC HL2 Wii mod would get finished already.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Yeah, I'd definitely like to see a lightsaber game. I've imagined dueling Vader and Maul on the Wii before.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

BenKenobi88 said:
1:1 motion is SO hard to do though. I don't know...I think I might be happy with a Star Wars game that has near 1:1 controls, but lots of Force stuff involving motion too. Like, heavy swing when your Wiimote is raised high, Light swing when your Wiimote is lower, and Medium when it's level...something like that. But yeah, 1:1 would rock, if possible. Also, Half Life 2 grav gun, using Wiimote? Very fun...I wish that PC HL2 Wii mod would get finished already.

I know what you mean about 1:1 I think it's definitly been a challenge, but I think you need a great team of people working on this tweaking it out. It may prove that either 1:1 isn't possible all the way but perhaps a hybrid of sorts works well, or maybe 1:1 only when you hold the B button down then you can let go to manuever your playing so your not all over the place motion wise. I think the developer that pursues any really good sword fighting game needs to look at this gameplay as a bigger investment, meaning the first game can be shallow with smaller gameplay experience with good controls, and a sequal can have really good controls and be an epic game. Honestly though people may shy away from sword play until Nintendo shows 3rd parties how it's done. When I heard the next Zelda would be going into a different direction, I was hoping that this is what they are doing, brining the controls to a whole new level of experience. They already did it with fishing, which has an unprecedneted level of depth, if they can provide an equal experience with sword fighting, it may be amazing. Metroid too is another proving ground for Nintendo to 3rd parties. proving the Wii is all about fps.

Around the Network

Starwars Lightsaber/Force game
Wii Music (Drums, Guitar, etc.)
Survival Horror/Haunted House (flashlights)
Virtua Cop/House of the Dead/All light gun games
Harry Potter/Magic Casting (Wands)
Painting/Drawing

Stuff like that.

But with fishing, sports, stuff like that...you're raised to know exactly how people hold a baseball bat, or even a tennis racket. When you pull back with your "fishing pole", it's not much different every time. Developers can use that to make a better 1:1 experience. With swords, people are going to be swinging them all over the place, doing leet moves and such (see the Star Wars Kid) ...it's just so much harder to predict and assign in-game motions to that...but here's hoping to it happening sooner or later.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

For a 1:1 sword motions they will have to have a REALLY good training program at the start of the game. Even "Sword Training" could be great fun :)

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

Vengi said:
For a 1:1 sword motions they will have to have a REALLY good training program at the start of the game. Even "Sword Training" could be great fun :)

Yeah, so that way, if you do some weird move in-game, and the motion controls go wack...it'll be your fault because you're not trained well enough...I could see that working.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

BenKenobi88 said:
Vengi said:

Yeah, so that way, if you do some weird move in-game, and the motion controls go wack...it'll be your fault because you're not trained well enough...I could see that working.

Yeah I can see it now...

You are young, you will learn.

Feel the force young, padawan.

Concentrate. Find the Sword Forms within yourself.

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"