By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The OFFICIAL Apr 2007 NPD Thread

koffieboon said:
NPD numbers for Canada are already released, if this is any indication for the US I think 400k units for the US could be possible!

Being a Canadian, I have always been under the impression that Nintendo was disproportionately popular in Canada (as compared to the United States) ...

Around the Network

HappySquirriel, Wii numbers don't really seem to be limited by popularity at the moment, it is all about supply. So if Nintendo manages to ship enough consoles to the US, I think 400k is definitely possible.

HappySqurriel said:
koffieboon said:
NPD numbers for Canada are already released, if this is any indication for the US I think 400k units for the US could be possible!

Being a Canadian, I have always been under the impression that Nintendo was disproportionately popular in Canada (as compared to the United States) ...

Interesting, I'd like to see the numbers on that.  It wouldn't surprise me , smaller population samples allow for greater variance.  About the only place MS is a major competitor for the top spot is Australia and if I'm not mistaken the PS3 owns Kiwiland and all it's worth.

albionus said:

About the only place MS is a major competitor for the top spot is Australia and if I'm not mistaken the PS3 owns Kiwiland and all it's worth.

I hear that most adolescent sheep there are crazy excited about LittleBigPlanet and Heavenly Sword. :D

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Wow, looks like it is going to be another bumper month for Nintendo

Around the Network
bunkum said:
Wow, looks like it is going to be another bumper month for Nintendo

Teasing us like that really isn't fair you know

GBA outsold PS3 in canada, not looking good for sony

DS > Wii > PS2

DS 521,931 WII 302,130 PS2 222,131 PSP 186,766 360 177,647 GBA 106,174 PS3 96,557

Bunkum, I don't think that was ever really a question... you enjoy making us salivate like a dog in front of a bell, don't you?