By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The OFFICIAL Apr 2007 NPD Thread

shams said:
Hang on... so are the VGChartz figures (US weekly) for North America, or for the USA?

Im pretty sure its North America, so subtract about 5 to 10% to get USA.

Around the Network
albionus said:

Because even though Sony only has one foot in the grave doesn't mean we can't start dancing on it.

I say it'll be VGChartz + or - 20%, which is good enough for me.

I'm impressed. I thought noone is going to own up...

Edit:

I believe our PS3 numbers are pretty accurate. I expect X360 to be around 130k - 145k though.

kber81 said:
albionus said:

Because even though Sony only has one foot in the grave doesn't mean we can't start dancing on it.

I say it'll be VGChartz + or - 20%, which is good enough for me.

I'm impressed. I thought noone is going to own up...

Edit:

I believe our PS3 numbers are pretty accurate. I expect X360 to be around 130k - 145k though.

I guess everyone loves a good trainwreck...

i think vgchartz are about 10% too high for most of them (probably due to the North America > USA thing)

albionus said:
kber81 said:
shams said:
 Waiting to see if the PS3 slips under 100k...

Why?

Seriously though, I'll say it'll be VGChartz + or - 20%, which is good enough for me.

Start? I am already dancing

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

Around the Network

this is going to be exciting, hope my number get picked,

even though PS3 is doing bad I really wonder if Sony is expecting this sort of thing to happen and are pushing AAA titles back so they can have a big comeback when Wii sales normalize and PS3 droppes in price, how they then want to battle the Wii and 360´s userbase and developer support is beyond me but eather way Sony may be brilliant or mad (fine line) if they do manage to pull of the 10 year übermachine theory people might forget the first hard years, but from what it lookes like now they are loosing ground fast without fast solutions,    

I don't think there is a large difference between MAR and APR number

Yeah. I expect PS3 to slip under the 100k mark.

My predictions:

DS: 475K
Wii: 310K
PS2: 240K
PSP: 200K
360: 200K
PS3: 105K

I think the PS3 will break 100K but just barely.

DS: 600K Wii: 400K PS2: 240K PSP: 200K 360: 280K PS3: 99K