By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The games my friend wants when she gets a Wii U this holiday

Paatar said:
b00moscone said:
You can count on Bayonetta if you like hack & Slash, and Hyrule Warriors is a good pick as well :)

Well she doesn't like Hack & Slash a whole lot sadly

Ahh, I see.

She should also check out the eEshop for VC games or other indie games, there are a lot of gems there ;)

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

Around the Network
b00moscone said:
Paatar said:

Well she doesn't like Hack & Slash a whole lot sadly

Ahh, I see.

She should also check out the eEshop for VC games or other indie games, there are a lot of gems there ;)

I know. But I'm trying to show her retail games first.. she ain't a fan of digital. 

Although, she better buy Fast Racing Neo when it releases (she loves racing games) so hopefully she will get that at least

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

generic-user-1 said:
rayman is fuckn amazballs, and its realy dirt cheap

I've came here to say exactly that. Rayman Legends is one of the best platformers ever made and an excellent multiplayer game!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

mZuzek said:
Make your friend get Tropical Freeze and Star Fox Zero please.

As for friends of my own who want to get Wii Us...

Well, I have this mostly PC and Sony gamer friend who was going to get one a while back, but didn't have the money at the time and lost interest after E3 (good work, Nintendo!). The games he wanted the most I think were Bayonetta 2, Pikmin 3, Zelda Wii U and Hyrule Warriors, and I guess he would also eventually pick up Mario Kart 8. Not sure about anything else.

And there's another friend who has been mostly a PC gamer but has owned every Nintendo console because of his brother. He was tempted to buy a Wii U last year for Mario Kart 8, Smash, Wind Waker HD and Zelda Wii U, but slowly lost interest. However, Pokkén Tournament sparked his interest back again (along with me telling him how great Splatoon is), and he might get it soon. Other games he would be after would be Metroid Prime Trilogy, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and maybe Star Fox Zero and Super Mario Maker. Maybe Super Mario 3D World too I guess, but not so sure on that one.

I'm going to try and get her get those as well. (I'm getting Star Fox Zero so I'll make her play it with me)

As for Tropical Freeze, I can try. But she's not a huge platformer fan and she'd rather get Yoshi's Wooly World

Glad your one friend has Pikmin 3 and Bayonetta 2 on their list.

Without knowing her preferences I'd add Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta, Wonderful 101, 3D World and Tropical Freeze to the list, and also Wind Waker HD, Xenoblade Chronicles and Metroid Prime Trilogy if she hasn't played those already.

Around the Network

Pikmin 3 is a must

If she's interested in Zelda U, then I'd recommend The Wind Waker HD

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

forest-spirit said:
Without knowing her preferences I'd add Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta, Wonderful 101, 3D World and Tropical Freeze to the list, and also Wind Waker HD, Xenoblade Chronicles and Metroid Prime Trilogy if she hasn't played those already.

Yeah, I want her to get those too. Sadly she isn't into hack and slash... Wonderful 101 she didn't like, platforming isn't her thing... but 3D world she might end up getting.

She has Winderwaker on the Gamecube so she doesn't want to spend more money to get the same game.

I hope she would get the Triology at least. Those games are amazing. 

Platina said:
If she's interested in Zelda U, then I'd recommend The Wind Waker HD

She has it on her Gamecube. :P

mZuzek said:
Paatar said:

I'm going to try and get her get those as well. (I'm getting Star Fox Zero so I'll make her play it with me)
As for Tropical Freeze, I can try. But she's not a huge platformer fan and she'd rather get Yoshi's Wooly World

Glad your one friend has Pikmin 3 and Bayonetta 2 on their list.

Pikmin was a funny one indeed. I think the only Nintendo home console he ever owned was the SNES, so I'm pretty sure he had never played Pikmin before, but he saw me playing it one day and was like "man this game looks so awesome". I guess it comes from his PC-gamer roots, as he's big on RTS and MMOs. I don't recall him ever playing Bayonetta, but it didn't surprise me because it's very much the kind of console game he plays.
Edit: either way, he was sold on the PS4 at E3 and Nintendo killed it. All hope is probably lost for this one.

Yeah.. Sony kinda.... owned E3 this year...

If only Nintendo showed Devil's Third, Fatal Frame V and Fast Racing NEO it would have been a little bit better and they would not have gotten critisized as badly.