By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Did Star Fox U get a major graphical overhaul? Looks great!

The explosions, water, lasers and sky look great, the rest is not acceptable. Honestly, they had a chance to evolve the formula of the game, make state-of-the-art-Wii-U graphics and give us another Splatoon-type hit. Such a wasted opportunity :(

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network

Still looks bad tbh

if Star Fox wanted to be relevant in this modern age of gaming. Nintendo need to raise its standards for this IP and try atleast create a game that is on par with Mario Kart 8 and Smash. that is the problem with those older IPs that really didn't sell well, but if you think of it. they can really push very hard on certain games they wanted to. development and marketing wise, Nintendo can, but they seems to push back most often.

spemanig said:
generic-user-1 said:

its clearly not 480p....

Not to be that guy, but you could have fooled me.

Those textures are really bad. I don't think it's unfair at all to compare some of them to those found in an N64 game.

Really?

mZuzek said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Really?

What, you're telling me a Nintendo 64 couldn't handle this?

Nah because it´s clearly a 480p game, and N64 games were usually at 240p, but a n64 with expansion pack sure it can, just look, is the same with more resolution:

lol

Around the Network

Still looks like Gamecube 1.5 to me. I've seen better looking games on Wii:(

Wait, why does the Starfox Segment in Bayonetta 2 look better than this? They could at least said, "we'll try to base the graphics around this". Man, usually it wouldn't bother me much about graphics. But with a game like Starfox, a game that always boasted great visuals as well as gameplay, it's kind of a setback. With the Scifi genre, it isn't necessarily difficult to create stunning graphics...I guess Nintendo just wasn't looking for that.

Goodnightmoon said:
spemanig said:

Not to be that guy, but you could have fooled me.

Those textures are really bad. I don't think it's unfair at all to compare some of them to those found in an N64 game.

Really?

Pretty sure Wii U can do a looooooooot better... for example:

And this:

Edit: Super Mario Galaxy on the Wii...

This game with better resolution (Dolphin) looks better.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I think the water looks great, everything else, not really.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Pavolink said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Really?

And this:

I think the differences are not so big between those pictures, except for Mario Galaxy, that looks beautifull thanks to the wonderfull artstyle but is obviously the most outdated in those pics.

I know WiiU can do way better than Star Fox Zero graphics, but people is always making hyperboles about it, the game does not look like a n64, or a GC or a Wii game, it looks like a 360 game from 2008, wich is outdated and dissapointing but nothing close to what many people is saying. 

Goodnightmoon said:
Pavolink said:

And this:

I think the differences are not so big between those pictures, except for Mario Galaxy, that looks beautifull thanks to the wonderfull artstyle but is obviously the most outdated in those pics.

I know WiiU can do way better than Star Fox Zero graphics, but people is always making hyperboles about it, the game does not look like a n64, or a GC or a Wii game, it looks like a 360 game from 2008, wich is outdated and dissapointing but nothing close to what many people is saying. 

The differences are bigger than my hate to the Zelda team. Xenoblade is an open world JRPG, Bayonetta 2 a hack and slash while SF is just an on-rails shooter. There's no excuse to look so poor. SMG on dolphin puts to shame. The Wind Waker HD is leagues ahead of SF.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile