By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Did Star Fox U get a major graphical overhaul? Looks great!

It doesn't look good. But I'll be buying day one anyway. Hopefully the gameplay compensates for the poor graphics.

Around the Network

Still looks the same. I don't mind the graphics, I think they look pretty good.

Goodnightmoon said:

I think the differences are not so big between those pictures, except for Mario Galaxy, that looks beautifull thanks to the wonderfull artstyle but is obviously the most outdated in those pics.

I know WiiU can do way better than Star Fox Zero graphics, but people is always making hyperboles about it, the game does not look like a n64, or a GC or a Wii game, it looks like a 360 game from 2008, wich is outdated and dissapointing but nothing close to what many people is saying. 

Seriously. The amount of hyperbole in this thread is down right appalling. This game looks pretty good but it's no graphical marvel that may take on it.

But to say that it's basically a N64, GCN or even a Wii game just floors me.  It basically looks like you said, a PS3/360 game from a couple of years ago. To me, as long as it plays nice and smooth I have little issue with the graphics. 

And while I understand that the Wii U is capable of much more, for example MK 8, Nintendo was probably alot more willing to invest in making MK8 look more graphically impressive knowing that it would sell well. Why invest so much time in a game that might not be able to make back a big investment?

The water looks great the metallic effect too. But the problem for me is in the details. Seems to be no cohesion. Its like if you have an empty area and throw some elements on it.
The arquitectonic buildings fall as Lego pieces, theres no sense of destruction, theres no effect of going throw the sand, mountains are too geometric..
I will be glad if they delete the game to 2016 and dedicate the time it needs and deserves to bring us the great return we all want

Still looks the same to me

Around the Network
SJReiter said:
Guys, it's clear that Miyamoto was under the gun developing this game. They literally threw it together in like one year. To make the game everyone here is talking about, they would need to work on it for like 3 years at least. Yeah it sucks that they didn't start on this game sooner, but what can you do? The bottom line is, it's the best looking Star Fox game ever made, and hopefully the GamePad controls actually are as fun as Nintendo is saying.

Actually they start working on Star Fox for Wii, on Wii U they just continued that work.

gabzjmm23 said:
if Star Fox wanted to be relevant in this modern age of gaming. Nintendo need to raise its standards for this IP and try atleast create a game that is on par with Mario Kart 8 and Smash. that is the problem with those older IPs that really didn't sell well, but if you think of it. they can really push very hard on certain games they wanted to. development and marketing wise, Nintendo can, but they seems to push back most often.

There is only few IPs that can be on pair with Mario Kart.

Doesn't look great to me. Hopefully it's fun.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Ljink96 said:

Still looks like Gamecube 1.5 to me. I've seen better looking games on Wii:(

Wait, why does the Starfox Segment in Bayonetta 2 look better than this? They could at least said, "we'll try to base the graphics around this". Man, usually it wouldn't bother me much about graphics. But with a game like Starfox, a game that always boasted great visuals as well as gameplay, it's kind of a setback. With the Scifi genre, it isn't necessarily difficult to create stunning graphics...I guess Nintendo just wasn't looking for that.

Do you realise that Wii is basically 1.5 Gamecube!?

Because Bayonetta 2 doesn't work in locked 60FPS on two screens.

Pavolink said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Really?

Pretty sure Wii U can do a looooooooot better... for example:

And this:

Edit: Super Mario Galaxy on the Wii...

This game with better resolution (Dolphin) looks better.

People are forgeting that Star Fox Zero works locked 60FPS on two screens.