By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Did Star Fox U get a major graphical overhaul? Looks great!

Looks the same :/.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network
MikeRox said:
FunFan said:

I want those N64s they had.

Think you take the comments a bit literally. Saying it looks like the N64 version did with higher resolution/better textures isn't calling it an N64. It's like OOT 3D retained the feel of the N64 games while again, clearly far more advanced. Still looks like the OOT I remember from the N64.

It looks to me how Lylat Wars looked back in 1998. I thought Lylat Wars looked fecking amazing back then. This evokes a similar feel to those visuals.

Games tend to look better in your memory than they really did.

You took my joke too literal.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

What's changed is that we have seen more footage and screens of better quality of levels other than Corneria. The Corneria level and derivatives still look pretty rough, but the desert level and the stealth level with the tunnels look far better with better lighting and textures plus more stuff happening on screen in the case of the desert. The game's visuals are more inconsistent than anything else, IMO.

No, the nice water shaders are just taking up most of the frame

Maybe slightly better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv1QOnVJRUg

I think overall looks decent, not best Wii U looking game but certainly not worst.

Around the Network

This is the same old build they showed on the E3, it was already old then.

I hate leaving threads disappointed, spurgey! >:(

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Needs more enemies to blow up.

Guys, it's clear that Miyamoto was under the gun developing this game. They literally threw it together in like one year. To make the game everyone here is talking about, they would need to work on it for like 3 years at least. Yeah it sucks that they didn't start on this game sooner, but what can you do? The bottom line is, it's the best looking Star Fox game ever made, and hopefully the GamePad controls actually are as fun as Nintendo is saying.

mZuzek said:
KLAMarine said:
Needs more enemies to blow up.

Corneria is the first level in the game, it's easy on purpose. I'm pretty sure there will be lots of enemies further into the game.

I certainly hope so.