By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN..Zombi U/Zombi WTF

pokoko said:
Nem said:

Welcome to the sham that are commercial reviews. Learn to ignore.

The excuse that its a different reviewer is weak aswell. A publication has to mantain consistency. Its not today, fanboy of system A gets to review game from system B and tomorrow fan from system B reviews the same game but it scores higher even though its a worse version. It isnt the publication of journalist X, its IGN. 

But welll... we already knew they were bad. Too much water.

That's utterly ridiculous.  The moment an editor tells a writer to write a review based on someone else's opinion, that's when credibility is lost.  Telling the reviewer the score they need to hit based on another work would be a failure of journalistic integrity.  Any writer worth reading would refuse immediately, and rightfully so.  That's a horrible, awful suggestion.  I'm sure some editors might tell a reviewer to lie for the sake of "consistency" but, as a consumer, that's something I would not accept if I knew it was taking place.  I have far more respect for an editor that lets a writer write their own work without pre-setting the outcome in advance.

What about the integrity to their readers? I see alot of concern for the journalist there, but in the end of the day both of them were writing for the same audience with different standards. How is this good journalism if theres no consistency? The publication should have a table from wich each score corresponds to the state the game is in. The rating should not wildly vary depending on who is reviewing. This reveals a lack of organisation and consistency. They are doing a disservice to their readers and their reviews are obviously incredibly parcial as a result.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:

Most games on PS/XBOX tend to get overinflated scores. I mean, just check the games that got over 90%+.

Look at Arkham City on the Wii U, it got 11 points less on average. Then look at games like Journey, TLOU: R, Fez, Bastion, Flower, Shovel Knight (PS4), etc.

Titanfall, with no singleplayer campaign and not a lot of content got 86%. Halo: MCC, who's online still doesn't work correctly, is sitting at 85%.

Sure they do buddy

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

It's a different reviewer. Different opinion. What's the problem? They could've liked it more because the WiiU pad is not the most comfortable controller in the world. Beside the game is the epitome of mediocre. I played it on WiiU when I saw it on sale for €9.00

I'm just a dude from Philly living in Ireland. 

zippy said:

So on reading an IGN review of Zombi, it scores 7.5. Good score, however the same site gave the Wii U version a 6.3. Let's get this straight, for Zombi to score higher you strip the gamepad features, remove the gamepad-centric multiplayer and make the graphics barely any better. Also remove the cool dirty lens feature and have the framerate drop to the mid 20fps mark on Buckingham palace, but its cool because its on playstation and Xbox...im lost for words.

PS4 runs smoother if I had to pick between the two of these, judgeing from the video above.

Field of view is bigger, you can see things futher in the distance, textures are better, ect ect. 

Graphics are better on the PS4 version, even if its not by that much.

The difficulty you have is that it's a different reviewer, and with different expectations and marking criteria. When ZombiU came out everyone was hoping it would be the best thing ever and really show what the U could do. When it didn't, it fell a bit flat and got those lower marks. Now you don't have that problem it reviews better.

Granted it's unfair and I'd still tell anyone to pick up the U version for the "proper experience", but that's just part of the parcel of gaming journalism and journalism in general. Reviews are nothing short of opinions, and they should always be taken with an open mind and a good dollop of salt.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Angelv577 said:
Are they the same reviewer?, it has happened before.

still doesnt make sense. its the same site. nobody gives a shit about the reviewer when reading the a review. its 7.5 on one platform and 6.3 on the other when its the same game, on the same site. IGN should have its own set of standards and reviewing policies since its a "big name gaming site". but of course it doesnt, scores are based on what ever generates more clicks most of the time. 

Lol! Different reviewer but still a fail!!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

bananaking21 said:
Angelv577 said:
Are they the same reviewer?, it has happened before.

still doesnt make sense. its the same site. nobody gives a shit about the reviewer when reading the a review. its 7.5 on one platform and 6.3 on the other when its the same game, on the same site. IGN should have its own set of standards and reviewing policies since its a "big name gaming site". but of course it doesnt, scores are based on what ever generates more clicks most of the time. 

I never argued if it was right or wrong, I just came up with what could be the possible explanation as to why there is a discrepancy in the score considering that the wii u version should have scored higher due to having more features.

all this fuss about Zombi(U)... what a waste of server space

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Edit: Eh, not worth it. There's a point when a post becomes so dumb that it doesn't even deserve attention.