By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can Mario Maker out sell Splatoon?

Can it beat Splatoon?

Hell no 25 12.76%

Hell yes 86 43.88%

Heck no 14 7.14%

Heck yes 27 13.78%

Heck if I know 26 13.27%

See the Hecking results 17 8.67%

Other 0 0%

Total:195
Ryng_Tolu said:
ninjapirate42 said:

3D World and NSMBU have already sold tons (4.3 and 4.84 million by the end of June). I'm not saying Splatoon can't sell tons either because obviously it will (3.75-5 million depending on any crazy extremes that may happen), but if marketed the right way and bundled SMM should outsell at least one of them, if not be right on the tails of one.  

I just can't see SMM doing any less than 5 million thinking about the other Mario numbers. I know it's different since there's no world map, but there's endless levels to be played and created. Realistically this should sell more than the other 2 games, but since it started later I'm not sure if it will, though I think it could :O

*chartz*

Great post!

Like i said, Mario Maker can even sell 5/6 million for what i think, but only with those crazy sales can beat Splatoon!

Definitely agreed though.

Mario Maker has such huge potential, but since it is a first for this type of Mario game we can't say for sure if the sales would match the other games.

Personally I think it should sell better just because of what it is, but only time will tell!

Around the Network
Skullwaker said:
sergiodaly said:
i was judging by the vgchartz numbers and they say 1.13 by the and of june. can you link me that info.

if those numbers are right... yes, i might be wrong but the 5 millions have the same chance of happening has my first predition based on wrong numbers.

http://venturebeat.com/2015/07/29/nintendo-has-sold-1-62m-copies-of-splatoon-worldwide/

sounds like they are giving a total sales numbers and i was judging the prediction on retail copies alone.
yeah, i have to rephrase my prediction and say, i think it will land between 3.5 and 4.

Still mario maker can surpass that.

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

I think SMM would have a better sales here in NA and Europe compared to Splatoon. Since it is a Mario game, an editor one. I believe it can really sell that much and surpass Splatoon. I know Splatoon has strong legs, but SMM is something you can't just say it won't have that strong legs as well.

There are also some information that enemies or additional content that they haven't seen in SMW level that is part of SMM, I don't know if it would be a DLC or if it is just not part of SMM. Can't wait for SMM and see how big is the content. No Koopalings as of the moment right?

Ryng_Tolu said:
sergiodaly said:

see reply above.

the game is not out that long, how do you know it has "very long legs" ? not saying it will not have, just want to know how did you come to that conclusion...

After 12 weeks of Japan sales, Splatoon is selling better than Mario Kart. 3 months are not that long for understand if the legs are strong?

excuse me... he said "very long legs" not "long legs" not just "legs", he said "very long legs" i want to know why, and judging it just by its 3 first months is not a good reason imo.

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

I thought we agreed that nothing can outsell Splatoon.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

I'm expecting Splatoon to sit at 3.5M lifetime so yeah, Mario Maker will win imo

I can certainly see Mario Maker outselling splatoon

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I think it will sell around 2-3 mil

I think so

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

vivster said:
I thought we agreed that nothing can outsell Splatoon.

Except Splatoon 2 of course.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---