By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can Mario Maker out sell Splatoon?

Can it beat Splatoon?

Hell no 25 12.76%

Hell yes 86 43.88%

Heck no 14 7.14%

Heck yes 27 13.78%

Heck if I know 26 13.27%

See the Hecking results 17 8.67%

Other 0 0%

Total:195

I think it will sell less in Japan and more in West

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network

Mario maker is going to sell a crap ton. An entire metric crap ton. And I see this game having some massive legs. Americans are going to be trolling on this game for a long time to come.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

Yes, it could be on pair with NSMBU

3D World and NSMBU have already sold tons (4.3 and 4.84 million by the end of June). I'm not saying Splatoon can't sell tons either because obviously it will (3.75-5 million depending on any crazy extremes that may happen), but if marketed the right way and bundled SMM should outsell at least one of them, if not be right on the tails of one.  

I just can't see SMM doing any less than 5 million thinking about the other Mario numbers. I know it's different since there's no world map, but there's endless levels to be played and created. Realistically this should sell more than the other 2 games, but since it started later I'm not sure if it will, though I think it could :O

Skullwaker said:
sergiodaly said:
o_O

splatoon won't reach the 3 million mark

mario can reach it and surpass it. if it will or not only after fw sales numbers are in can we do a educated guess.

It was at 1.62m by the end of June, and since then has sold an additional 200k in Japan alone.

Are you sure about that?

i was judging by the vgchartz numbers and they say 1.13 by the and of june. can you link me that info.

if those numbers are right... yes, i might be wrong but the 5 millions have the same chance of happening has my first predition based on wrong numbers.

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Around the Network
sergiodaly said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
spurgeonryan said:

Your just Splatoon crazy! I can't trust your prediction. ;p

Splatoon will sell 5 million lifetime.

Mario Maker should sell 3 million or so.

o_O

mario can reach it and surpass it. if it will or not only after fw sales numbers are in can we do a educated guess.

Splatoon is currently around 2m and game have very long legs, easily can be around 3m at end of year.

ninjapirate42 said:

3D World and NSMBU have already sold tons (4.3 and 4.84 million by the end of June). I'm not saying Splatoon can't sell tons either because obviously it will (3.75-5 million depending on any crazy extremes that may happen), but if marketed the right way and bundled SMM should outsell at least one of them, if not be right on the tails of one.  

I just can't see SMM doing any less than 5 million thinking about the other Mario numbers. I know it's different since there's no world map, but there's endless levels to be played and created. Realistically this should sell more than the other 2 games, but since it started later I'm not sure if it will, though I think it could :O

*chartz*

Great post!

Like i said, Mario Maker can even sell 5/6 million for what i think, but only with those crazy sales can beat Splatoon!

sergiodaly said:
i was judging by the vgchartz numbers and they say 1.13 by the and of june. can you link me that info.

if those numbers are right... yes, i might be wrong but the 5 millions have the same chance of happening has my first predition based on wrong numbers.

http://venturebeat.com/2015/07/29/nintendo-has-sold-1-62m-copies-of-splatoon-worldwide/

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Miyamotoo said:
sergiodaly said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
spurgeonryan said:

o_O

Splatoon is currently around 2m and game have very long legs, easily can be around 3m at end of year.

see reply above.

the game is not out that long, how do you know it has "very long legs" ? not saying it will not have, just want to know how did you come to that conclusion...

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

sergiodaly said:
Miyamotoo said:
sergiodaly said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
spurgeonryan said:

o_O

see reply above.

the game is not out that long, how do you know it has "very long legs" ? not saying it will not have, just want to know how did you come to that conclusion...

After 12 weeks of Japan sales, Splatoon is selling better than Mario Kart. 3 months are not that long for understand if the legs are strong?