By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Atlus USA confirms Persona 5 is still coming in 2015

Cool
Will it come at the same time in europe aswell ?

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Around the Network
Paatar said:
Neodegenerate said:

I don't agree with the bold, just getting it in before someone else does.

Persona 5 - Mainstream after this game. Just watch it sell a shit ton.

Dragon Quest Heroes - Not super Niche. Hyrule Warriors sold over 1m, why can't this?

Uncharted Collection - Agreed

Until Dawn - Idk

No Man's Sky - Just because it is indie does not mean it is bad or etc. No Man's Sky is going to sell a ton.

While I did mention I don't agree with it but was putting it out there anyway I will still bite.

Persona 5 - Chances of it going mainstream are a long shot at best.  I hope it does, but realistically?  No.

DQ Heroes - Because Dragonquest isn't The Legend of Zelda.

Uncharted Collection - Fair enough

Until Dawn - Glad we agree

No Man's Sky - There isn't enough of that to change the overall perception of indie games as "inferior" to other games.  Sure there are a few exceptions, but there is no guarantee this will be one of them.

Neodegenerate said:
Paatar said:

Dragon Quest Heroes - Not super Niche. Hyrule Warriors sold over 1m, why can't this?

Until Dawn - Idk

No Man's Sky - Just because it is indie does not mean it is bad or etc. No Man's Sky is going to sell a ton.

While I did mention I don't agree with it but was putting it out there anyway I will still bite.

Persona 5 - Chances of it going mainstream are a long shot at best.  I hope it does, but realistically?  No.

No Man's Sky - There isn't enough of that to change the overall perception of indie games as "inferior" to other games.  Sure there are a few exceptions, but there is no guarantee this will be one of them.

Ori is herald as one of the best games to come out in 2015 that's indie. Cuphead looks to be one of the best games to come out in 2016...and it's indie. I definitely believe that No Man's Sky is gonna be right there with them. Escpecially with the endless worlds they will have.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Neodegenerate said:
Paatar said:

Until Dawn - Idk

The chances of Persona 5 going mainstrem are a lot higher.

Dragon Quest is just as popular as The Legend Of Zelda. In fact, more popular in Japan and we are talking globally.

No Man's Sky... I honestly believe this will pull off huge numbers. Most people won't even realize it is an indie game and there are rumors going around that it's getting a physical release.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Rafie said:
Neodegenerate said:
Paatar said:

Until Dawn - Idk

Ori is herald as one of the best games to come out in 2015 that's indie. Cuphead looks to be one of the best games to come out in 2016...and it's indie. I definitely believe that No Man's Sky is gonna be right there with them. Escpecially with the endless worlds they will have.

You are pointing to exceptions to define a rule that simply doesn't exist in an attempt to attack a stereotype that exists due to the fact that from a percentage perspective indie games will not be hits.

Indie or AAA a good game will sell regardless of preconceived notion (Splatoon as an example) and a not so good game won't (The Order, for example).  I hope No Mans' Sky is good.  To say it isn't facing an uphill battle because it is considered "indie" in the stigma way though is a bit too optimistic.

Around the Network
Paatar said:
Neodegenerate said:

Dragon Quest is just as popular as The Legend Of Zelda. In fact, more popular in Japan and we are talking globally.

No Man's Sky... I honestly believe this will pull off huge numbers. Most people won't even realize it is an indie game and there are rumors going around that it's getting a physical release.

I have never played a Persona game, I am basing this off ye old stereotype logic.

I have a hard time believing that DQ is as popular as Zelda outside of Japan.  Whether Japan will make up for the rest of the world (and I could be wrong, again I am stereotyping here) remains to be seen.

If NMS gets a physical release then all bets are off for sure.

Neodegenerate said:
Paatar said:

I have never played a Persona game, I am basing this off ye old stereotype logic.

I have a hard time believing that DQ is as popular as Zelda outside of Japan.  Whether Japan will make up for the rest of the world (and I could be wrong, again I am stereotyping here) remains to be seen.

If NMS gets a physical release then all bets are off for sure.

I messed up on what I was trying to say.

Dragon Quest is no where near as popular as Zelda outside of Japan. However, Dragon Quest in Japan has sold more than Zelda in the US by about 15m. So it is pretty steep. 

So TBH, I just don't know. I guess we will just wait and see. :D

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Neodegenerate said:
Rafie said:
Neodegenerate said:
Paatar said:

Until Dawn - Idk

You are pointing to exceptions to define a rule that simply doesn't exist in an attempt to attack a stereotype that exists due to the fact that from a percentage perspective indie games will not be hits.

Indie or AAA a good game will sell regardless of preconceived notion (Splatoon as an example) and a not so good game won't (The Order, for example).  I hope No Mans' Sky is good.  To say it isn't facing an uphill battle because it is considered "indie" in the stigma way though is a bit too optimistic.

I'm not attacking anything. I'm just making sure you're aware of what you're saying about indies in their regards to AAA titles and such. I also understand that, like you've stated, are a few exceptions to the rule. Ori was already hyped and expected to be big. Now that it's out, it was everything that it was hyped to be and more. Cuphead looks like it will as well. Looking forward to that game! No Man's Sky will more than likely do the same. Optimitism is good man. I'm not arguing this though. I was just saying....

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Ka-pi96 said:
Rafie said:
Neodegenerate said:

How much has Ori and the like actually sold though?

Critics can rave over indie games all they want (and they often do) it rarely translates in to actual sales.

Sales doesn't equal quality though, if that's where you were getting at. I don't know how much Ori made since it's digital only.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

I guess December 2015!