By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can Nitendo lose this generation?

I  don't  personally think Sony nor microsoft has a chance, but waht can happen to bring this juggernaut down in the coming years?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

The only way they could lose is if all of their manufacturing factories were bombed.

They can lose. If Nintendo runs out of creative ideas. I think they have a great head start, but if they dont keep it going the tides can turn very very quickly. Its been a little over a year and the life of a console is usually around 5 years. So given that info, we are not even close to halfway through with this generation =]

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Put it this way: if they stopped manufacturing Wiis this year, the closest competitor would still take nearly a year to catch up with them. So no.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Honestly, I've been wondering much the same. Basically, as long as Nintendo doesn't screw things up themselves, I don't see anyway that anyone else can beat them either.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Around the Network

If consumer demand drops for the wii then we have a problem.

mM

the lead keeps growing every week though.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Of course it can. But beaten in what way. MS and Sony selling more consoles? Yes they could. More games. Again yes. But the real way of looking at success is profits. Even during the GC era Nintendo was making a profit. So in the real battle isn't how much you sell but how much money you can make and with the Wii and DS both bringing in money by the bucketload I don't think Sony and MS really have a chance.

If Nintendo was bought by MS/Sony and they never made a Wii again, a *slight* chance that someone would beat them *might* occur.....maybe...

I guess one could destroy Nintendo... By precisive bombing of all their headquarters and development studios!... Otherwise, nope! They even made more profit then Sony or Microsoft during the 6th-generation (With the Gamecube, that is...)

THE NETHERLANDS