By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can Nitendo lose this generation?

beaten in what way? sales? then yes, it would take something like nintendo stop making wii's for ps3 or 360 to catchup.

Around the Network

i personally think that any other console has no chance against the wii. and these are my reasons.

1) the wii is in such high demand that they are sold out at almost every store within the hour that they get it. with no signs of stopping.
2)bigger list of first party games
3)the wii has almost as much as the other 2 consoles combined in sales.
4)more third party games coming to wii i.e COD5, guitar hero 4, GH aerosmith and rockband.
5) and finally its an overall better console to play....in my opinion.

the nintendo wii will outsell the ps3 and the 360 combined by the end of 2008.                           

PS3 will out sell the 360 june 2010.                                                                      

GOTY of 2008 is super smash brothers brawl.... hopefully.

END OF 08 PREDICTIONS:

Wii: 45 million         xbox360: 26 million       PS3: 19 million (made beginning of 08)

wii: 44 million         xbox 360: 24 million      PS3: 21 million (made june 08)

wii code: 8094-5344-2140-1400

brawl code: 5412-9565-3232   

dsoverpsp said:
London_Calling said:

ok - the "best deal" idea won't work. First of all, u can buy BR players cheaper than a PS3 now. Also, most ppl don't use a PS3 as a music player. and the other stuff is really useless. You want an example???? Look at the PSP. Look at how much stuff it can do. And then look at it's sales compared the the DS. DS is pwning the PS3!!!!! What can the DS do other than play games? NOT MUCH!!! Yet, it's still winning. The "jack of all trades" will not beat the "master on one". 

U called it a "fad". Well then, the PS2 is a FAD TOO!!! look at the sales now!!!! What a fad!!!! OMG, the PS was a fad too!!!!! what? it's not selling anymore??? pssss........a fad!!!!!

Again, most ppl will not buy a PS3 just for a movie player when there are many cheaper on the market. Do you see ppl buying a PS2 just for a DVD player???? and as for "the games are better" - appearently the public thinks otherwise. I wonder who has the highest rated game of this generation? Who has the most million sellers? Who has the biggest franchise? Who consistantly outsells the comptetition on both hardware and software??? Answer those to find your answer.  

Seems like your pretty much right.

People care more about lower price, than high quality and getting value from their money. Its a shame really.

Your also right about DS vs. PSP. PSP is better in almost all aspects, but people are buying the DS like its going out of style. They don't care the PSP plays movie and music, they care about games. The only advantage the PSP has is you can pirate games for it.

Also PS2 isn't a fad, its just becoming obsolete and is replaced. For Wii I'm not saying sales will slow down 5 years from now when the Wii 2 comes out. I'm talking sales slow down in a year or two from now, with a few years to go till the wii 2.

I'm back...