By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I dont believe Techlands 5 Million Numbers of Dying Light

This is what happen when you think US is the world. The game might not doing hot in the US. But that doesn't stop it from doing well in the rest of the world. And if they are counting all platforms seems quite possible.

Around the Network
Lortsamler said:
I got 113 people on my friendlist,and 41 of them actually got the game,42 with me. So i belive those numbers.

Not saying whose numbers is right but I got about 115ish friends (have not counted lately) and I have 2 friends who got it. 

rolltide101x said:
Lortsamler said:
I got 113 people on my friendlist,and 41 of them actually got the game,42 with me. So i belive those numbers.

Not saying whose numbers is right but I got about 115ish friends (have not counted lately) and I have 2 friends who got it. 

Wow, so Ruler was right all along!

Ka-pi96 said:
riecsou said:
This is what happen when you think US is the world. The game might not doing hot in the US. But that doesn't stop it from doing well in the rest of the world. And if they are counting all platforms seems quite possible.

Except it is doing well in the US.

'We are in the 10 best-selling games in the US right now for the first half of the year'

Given the timing that is surely based on NPD figures as well.

They are 7th in the US so far (first half of 2015), above The Witcher 3 which had sold ~800k at that point in time.

http://fortune.com/2015/07/23/top-10-selling-video-games-2015-so-far/

Ka-pi96 said:
riecsou said:

'We are in the 10 best-selling games in the US right now for the first half of the year'

Well then that says it all. Those numbers are more than credible.

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
Ka-pi96 said:
riecsou said:

They are 7th in the US so far (first half of 2015), above The Witcher 3 which had sold ~800k at that point in time.

The Witchet 3 Sold over 990k in The First half of 2015. ( 700k May, Over 290k in June )

That's withouth digital.

So, DL is definitive Over 1 Million in The US by end of June ( most likely More ).

Ryng_Tolu said:
Teeqoz said:

The Witchet 3 Sold over 990k in The First half of 2015. ( 700k May, Over 290k in June )

That's withouth digital.

So, DL is definitive Over 1 Million in The US by end of June ( most likely More ).

I couldn't find any numbers for TW3 for June, so I just used 100k as the absolute minimum Knew it was probably quite a bit more than that.

DerNebel said:
endy.G said:
pc digital sales
that game is huge on pc

750k on Steam according to Steamspy, not bad but not huge either. I'd rather blame tracking errors on vgchartz side and Techland is talking shipped I assume.

is that game only avaiable on steam?
what about gog?

digital consoles sales are also not counted here
and yes i suspect this is shipped, too
for publisher shipped is sold

Teeqoz said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

That's withouth digital.

I couldn't find any numbers for TW3 for June, so I just used 100k as the absolute minimum Knew it was probably quite a bit more than that.

The Witcher 3 in June sold more than Splatoon, and Splatoon sold 290k.

That's mean The Witcher 3 > 290k in June.

With the 700k in May, you have The Witcher at >990k LT by end of June.

Ryng_Tolu said:
Teeqoz said:

The Witcher 3 in June sold more than Splatoon, and Splatoon sold 290k.

That's mean The Witcher 3 > 290k in June.

With the 700k in May, you have The Witcher at >990k LT by end of June.

Oh right lol. *facepalm*