By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I moved and I found my childhood in a box (Warning: lots of pictures)

Wow, I wish I was that creative when I was a kid!

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

Tagging this for sure!!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

I need a drawing of the water temple.

ExplodingBlock said:
These are awesome, how old were you?

The oldest ones, the Zelda ideas, were started in 2001 when I was barely 13. The Mario Kart ideas are a couple years newer. 

Absolutely Amazing!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

mtu9356 said:

Awesome work! But wheres the water temple? lol

sethnintendo said:

I need a drawing of the water temple.

Alright. By popular demand will I post that one as well;

The mighty Lake Hylia. With obligatory Fishing Hole. It seems I took the time to come up with some kind of backstory here, and again I thought about the recreation activities for the Hylians. I don't know why this was a theme. Anyway, the set-up is similar to the Death Mountain one earlier, there's a mini-dungeon in which a song is hidden that's needed to gain entry into the Lake Temple.

The mini-dungeon isn't very interesting, so let's look at the main event instead;

The entry level of the dungeon, but before you can get there, you'll need the Magic Mirror and the Temple of Time makes it's appearance. It's more of a cameo really, the poor Hylian landmark didn't even get it's own page. The text isn't even consistent, because the pedastal mentions a song, while the text mentions a large steel ball that can be shot away with the so-called 'Wind Arrow'. The Sacred Realm is even mentioned, I thought I'd make it a bit more complicated. I'm unsure how that fit into the plot though because I don't have any other drawings or notes mentioning it.

Back to the Lake Temple itself, where the first floor is little more than a passage down to the first basement;

Which is one of the most cluttered pages I have. It's big for sure, but not necessarily more complicated than real water dungeons in the series if you look at it more closely. This dungeon is non-linear though, I wanted to try that like in Ocarina and Majora's Water and Great Bay Temples and you have to go back and forth between floors a couple times. The big room with the numbers is a puzzle where you have to bomb the numbers corresponding to each letter of the word 'Water' in the correct order. So bomb the number 23, 1, 20, 5 and 18. It was a recycled idea, but the original is in the very first temple which I didn't post here (the word there was 'Zelda').

There's the changing of the water level of course at one point, which is needed to access;

The other two basement levels. The biggest elements here are the mini-boss that's called the 'Fish-Man' and the Indiana Jones style corridor where darts come out of a wall. 'B3' is where the Magic Mirror becomes handy. The elevator doesn't go back up again so here the player must use it to return to the start of the dungeon after grabbing the Boss Key. I would repeat this in the final dungeon underneath the tower, which I already posted. Conveniently, the boss's chamber is very near the entrance.

Now, I'll be nice and post the boss on this one as well, because what's another picture when I already posted 40 anyway;

Yeah I was terrible at naming things. I don't even know how I thought this would be pronounced, maybe it would have been better to call it 'Hydria' instead so there would at least be some sort of pun. I still am though; bad at naming things. The boss itself is fairly creative however, I'm stunned myself, but for some reason it needs to be killed with the 'Healing Arrow'. No other boss needed to be 'healed', so that's interesting. By now it seems I had used every possible variation of writing the word 'fairy' and yes, in this, both Navi and Tatl are there to annoy you.

Great stuff dude, those Hyrule maps are your strategy guide. Thanks for sharing.
That is why it is easy to play games nowadays since you can check out the net. Back then, you need to do it your self, or try ask for your friends.

this is indeed amazing

Switch!!!

This is lovely, thanks for
sharing. It made my day. Also, your work is very good.

Those are some good drawings! Thanks for sharing with us. Looks very professional.