By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So TGS this year could be pretty damn great....

Samus Aran said:
DerNebel said:

Believe me, I don't give a crap, I don't need the PS4 to beat the 3DS in Japan (which isn't even the king of gaming over there but whatever) to be happy, what I need are the game that seem to be obviously coming.

You cared enough to quote me when I was talking to someone who thinks PS will reconquer Japan. You care lol.

So unless you disagree with me that the 3DS will remain on top next year, why did you quote me?

I quoted you to stop you from turning this thread into something it doesn't have to be, another console war.

Around the Network

I want Tekken 7, Soul Calibur 6 and DB XV 2.

DerNebel said:
Samus Aran said:
DerNebel said:

Believe me, I don't give a crap, I don't need the PS4 to beat the 3DS in Japan (which isn't even the king of gaming over there but whatever) to be happy, what I need are the game that seem to be obviously coming.

You cared enough to quote me when I was talking to someone who thinks PS will reconquer Japan. You care lol.

So unless you disagree with me that the 3DS will remain on top next year, why did you quote me?

I quoted you to stop you from turning this thread into something it doesn't have to be, another console war.

When someone states something incorrect or foolish then I have every right to correct that person. There isn't a console wars going on in Japan, the 3DS has it in the pocket.

I'm looking forward to more Nier stuff + FF stuff.

I also expect Capcom to announce a new RE or DMC.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Samus Aran said:
DerNebel said:

When someone states something incorrect or foolish then I have every right to correct that person. There isn't a console wars going on in Japan, the 3DS has it in the pocket.

You mean when ignoring the actual king of gaming over there? Mobile gaming?

And maybe you should stop jumping the gun and stop assuming so much from such a harmless post? He could have been talking about home consoles (you know since people usually make a distinction between home consoles and handheld) or it could have just been a figure of speech.

Now if you don't have anything to add to the actual topic of the thread I'd kindly ask you to leave.

Around the Network

Btw. according to someone on Gaf we'll get news on the Bloodborne DLC soon, TGS sounds like I good stage for that. Noice.

Hoping for

• Bloodborne expansion, which will hopefully increase the chances oc a complete edition down the line
• New trailers for Star Ocean V, Persona 5, Nier 2
• Level-5 PS4 exclusive
•Gravity Rush 2 announced for PS4
• At least one new IP, from anyone, that looks good, and if I'm being greedy, is a PS4 exclusive
• Final Fantasy XII Remastered

DerNebel said:
Samus Aran said:
DerNebel said:

And maybe you should stop jumping the gun and stop assuming so much from such a harmless post? He could have been talking about home consoles (you know since people usually make a distinction between home consoles and handheld) or it could have just been a figure of speech.

Now if you don't have anything to add to the actual topic of the thread I'd kindly ask you to leave.

We were talking about the console market. You do realize that the difference between mobile gaming and HH gaming is much bigger than HC and HH gaming?

I suggest you stop telling other people what to do.

Samus Aran said:
DerNebel said:

We were talking about the console market. You do realize that the difference between mobile gaming and HH gaming is much bigger than HC and HH gaming?

Yeah the difference being that you can't proclaim the 3DS the leader of the japanese market if we include mobile.

You do realize that handheld and mobile share way more of the same market, due to the mobility aspect of the whole thing? And that especially the japanese have already started putting console/handheld style games on smartphones like Dragon Quest and Monster Hunter? And that successful smartphone games have also found success on 3DS (Puzzle & Dragons) or that it's not unheard of for japanese devs to release their games on handhelds and mobile nowadays, like Snack World from Level 5 for instance?

Saying that when talking about Japan handhelds and consoles should be put in one category but then not allowing smartphones to be put in the same category is disingenuous as fuck.

But that's it from me on this category, make your own thread if you want to discuss this.

DerNebel said:
Samus Aran said:
DerNebel said:

Yeah the difference being that you can't proclaim the 3DS the leader of the japanese market if we include mobile.

You do realize that handheld and mobile share way more of the same market, due to the mobility aspect of the whole thing? And that especially the japanese have already started putting console/handheld style games on smartphones like Dragon Quest and Monster Hunter? And that successful smartphone games have also found success on 3DS (Puzzle & Dragons) or that it's not unheard of for japanese devs to release their games on handhelds and mobile nowadays, like Snack World from Level 5 for instance?

Saying that when talking about Japan handhelds and consoles should be put in one category but then not allowing smartphones to be put in the same category is disingenuous as fuck.

But that's it from me on this category, make your own thread if you want to discuss this.

I don't think you've ever taken a single look at what kind of games there are on smartphones. Or at what prices they're sold. Or the fact that you can't buy those games at retail. Or the fact that mobile games don't work with physical buttons...

There's far more overlap in franchises between HC and HH gaming than HH gaming and mobile.

You're OP says it all: "for fans of Japanese console games". I didn't know mobile games were console games...